What is this????

300WSM

Handloader
Dec 24, 2011
I've always wondered what this is exactly used for.

I just c-clamped the dispenser via that thing to a shelf in my bench area.
I know Hornady calls it a mounting bracket but mounting bracket to what and why the different sized holes?

I have it mounted to a piggy back stand without that piece but I was always curious about it because I know it wasnt made for a c-clamp. LOL20221120_182854.jpg

You screw it directly to the bench, or shelf, the different holes depend on the powder measure you have.

It was design to be screwed down to your bench via the 2 small holes. Big holes are for different brand of measurers.

I guess my brain works different which is no surprise, I always knew I was a little off. Ha. I never considered mounting it to my bench where it would be in my way when I'm not using it. I don't use a powder measure much to throw charges as I weigh most of them out a single charge at a time but depending on the powder I'm using and what I'm loading for, I do use it.

When I do, I use it like this. Mounted directly to the top of my press via a universal decapping die threaded down through it. A regular die would of course work also. Ready to use in 20 seconds, and when I'm done with it, removed and out of the way in 20 seconds.

Back