What is your next dream rifle?

Thanks Blkram...at 66, I kind of want to settling down and doing more hunting. Last 2 rifles I had were POCs so the .270 is the first replacement, and its a shooter, I have always had more luck getting a Remington 700 to shoot than I ever have with Ruger and even Winchester, though I like them both.

Salmonchaser,
A complete set of Model 10's would be a very sweet collection!
Would you get some in the full length stock as well?
And which cartridges would you get them in first?

Today, I think I would go with a 250 Savage, and a 338 Federal and a 375 Raptor.
Previously, I had always thought a set consisting of a 25-06, a 280 and a 338-06 would make a great battery. Or even a 7mm Rem Mag, a 338 Win Mag and a 416 Taylor.

I think I would run with classics; spawned from the 06.
25-06, 280; 3006; 338/06 3506
And a 375HH. Gotta have one of those

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blkram":3bt1tdqi said:
Salmonchaser,
A complete set of Model 10's would be a very sweet collection!
Would you get some in the full length stock as well?
And which cartridges would you get them in first?

Today, I think I would go with a 250 Savage, and a 338 Federal and a 375 Raptor.
Previously, I had always thought a set consisting of a 25-06, a 280 and a 338-06 would make a great battery. Or even a 7mm Rem Mag, a 338 Win Mag and a 416 Taylor.

That 375 raptor and 338 Fed is on my to do list!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gbflyer":35uh2yj5 said:
Slimfinn":35uh2yj5 said:
gbflyer":35uh2yj5 said:
Bruce Mc":35uh2yj5 said:
I've taken a shine to the SAKO Classic, lets say a 6.5x55, or maybe a Safari in .375 H&H, heck either one.

Oh man....the 9.3X62 is calling my name...lefty of course.

Hey gb, I know where you can get a Hunter for less than 2k..lefty of course

[emoji15]. You’re evil too. [emoji6]hahahahaha!

:twisted: Ok i won't let you know I've come across an even better deal on one for ya :p (y)

Slimfinn":3r498ef8 said:
gbflyer":3r498ef8 said:
Slimfinn":3r498ef8 said:
gbflyer":3r498ef8 said:
Bruce Mc said:
I've taken a shine to the SAKO Classic, lets say a 6.5x55, or maybe a Safari in .375 H&H, heck either one.

Oh man....the 9.3X62 is calling my name...lefty of course.

Hey gb, I know where you can get a Hunter for less than 2k..lefty of course

[emoji15]. You’re evil too. [emoji6]hahahahaha!

:twisted: Ok i won't let you know I've come across an even better deal on one for ya :p (y)

Do you sell cars or real estate for a living? Hahahahaha!!!!!!

I just acquired a Remington 700 Titanium in 7mm-08. Gunbroker can be a wicked temptress. I first saw this rifle about 15 or so years ago when I was having a Rem 700 Stainless 7 mag built for my son-in-law as a wedding gift. I just couldn't swing buying it at the time and it has haunted me ever since. I'm having its factory stock refurbished right now and should have it home in another week or two. The metal is in excellent shape. Then the fun of load development begins.

The one consistent fact that has guided [or maybe cursed] me through the years [without regard to what resided in the vault at the time] is that I only need one more gun. Today I don't know what I'll need next, but I'm sure the need will crystalize in the not too distant future and force me into scratching that itch. But I am finding myself becoming far more selective about what I buy. Maybe a nice 28 gauge O/U is out there calling my name....

LOL
I have submitted to the call of certain bucket list firearms on GunBroker too!
In fact, I purchased 5 and had them imported here last year alone.

Glad you were able to find your "Old Regret"!
May you have many great adventures with it!

For me, that rifle found last yar after 22 years of searching, was the Marlin 336ER in 356 Win.

I bought my daughter a Rem 700 Titanium in 270 Win a few years ago. It was on the used rack at the LGS for a decent price and I had the funds to do so at the time. We bought a box of ammo, and had them mount a used VX III 3.5-10x40 on it, and took it to the range for her to try. She liked it and shot it well (just under MOA with the Federal Fusion 130gr), so we took the package home for her. She really likes the weight of the rifle. I would prefer to put a different stock on it with the proper lop for her, but she is adamant that she does not want it changed. She has a quality rifle that will last her a lifetime. She will eventually harvest her first elk with it; perhaps this fall! Another customer at the LGS I know had tried his handloaded 130gr BT's in it and was getting 1/4" groups with it, so the rifle definitely shoots well! Woulld like to try the 140 gr AB's in it.

Blkram- I have a hunting buddy out here that uses nothing but the Federal 150 Fusion factory loads in his 'stock" Mod 700 BDL .270. He kills mule deer and elk almost every year! It seems to be a great bullet, reminds me a lot of the older corlokts.

For the years that I worked in the sporting goods stores, Inever heard a single complaint or bad report about the Federal Fusion ammo. It was shooting to at least acceptable levels of accuracy in customers rifles, while many others claimed it to be very accurate.
The cost was also very reasonable, and sometimes the least expensive on the shelf for a number of cartridges. This, combined with it being bonded attracted a lot of buyers to the product.
I know that I have some to try in my 338 Federal that I picked up at a gunshow for $20/box and am looking forward to seeing how it performs. If it shoots like I think it should, I would not hesitate to use it on bears and elk.

The 338 Federals in 200 (Speer HC) shot bughole groups in the Ruger 77 I had years back!

Found a Ruger 77 S/S Hawkeye in 338 Federal.
Will try the Fusion load in it and see if will duplicate your performance.

Just need to find a left handed 77 in a short action chambering to do a barrel swap.

I don't have too many dream guns but as of today I would go with these:

-Browning BLR stainless take down in 300 WSM
-Left hand Tikka T3x Lite stainless in 270 WSM or if they offer it a 6.5 PRC
or second choice
-Left hand Christensen Arms 6.5 PRC (open to others who come out with a LH 6.5 PRC)
-Left hand 222 Rem but will probably get a 223 instead

Next year this time who knows how the list will look like?

Unfortunately, while Christensen Arms site says that models are available in right and left hand, and lists the 6.5 PRC as an available chambering, they are not offering the 6.5 PRC in left hand at this time.

Been thinking of getting another LH X Bolt in 270 WSM and rebarrelling to 6.5 PRC. Make a nice match for my Creedmoor.

I would be happy with a LH stainless X Bolt in 270 WSM as well but they are very rare unfortunately. I'll probably end up with a Tikka 270 WSM and the BLR takedown 300 WSM one day. Those take down models are very nice guns and would go well with my little BLR in 358 Win.

gerry":2u2pd6gm said:
I would be happy with a LH stainless X Bolt in 270 WSM as well but they are very rare unfortunately. I'll probably end up with a Tikka 270 WSM and the BLR takedown 300 WSM one day. Those take down models are very nice guns and would go well with my little BLR in 358 Win.

Gerry,
I just came across a BLR takedown in 270WSM on armslist today says in the box and unfired

Back