What's a GOOD score?

Bigwheels

Beginner
Sep 17, 2006
Well,today I was able to get to the range,& fire 2 strings @ 500yds. in F-Class competition.Just a practice,but my first with the new smaller targets. :shock: I shot a 193,& 3X's on the first string.& a 192,& 2 X's on the second.Since there aren't many F-Class shooters around here.What's a GOOD score for a string on the new targets?

Bigwheels,

If you're in the Seattle area, how did Marilyn Solis do? She's your best benchmark in that area. Failing that, Steve Podleski and Ron Herms also hold pretty well.

Scores in the 190s are pretty good - high 190s are better. But remember, 200-0x always beats a 199-19x. :grin:

Sorry.None of them showed up today.Thats why I was asking.Last time I shot against Marilyn,she beat me by 2pts.But that was on the old 1 MOA targets.These 1/2 MOA targets are a lot harder.I noticed right away that the X in the center is verry hard to make out in the scope,& after a few shots in it.It's gone.Given the size difference from the last time I shot.I think I would have kept up with her this time,but she may have still beat me with X's.I'll find out when I can shoot against her next time.I still have some work to do to.Thanks.

How big of scope are you able to use for f-class? What are the distances you are shotting at f-class meets? how many shots have to be fired in what amount of time?

I'm not real sure if there is a max scope power in the regs.I don't think so. I use a 6-20 X 50 Leupold Vari-X III LR. A F-class day at the range is 3 strings of 20 shots,@ 500yds.(or less). Depending on the range.If it's farther(800-1000yds. I think they are all 10 shot strings,But it may depend on what range you're at. You get 22 min. to fire a 2 shot spotter,& 20 for score. I haven't been able to shoot any of the 1000yd. matches yet. They've been held later in the season,& a long drive to get there from my house.

Back