What's The Difference?

truck driver

Ammo Smith
Mar 11, 2013
I've been reading about the 7mmX300Wm and the 7mm Practical and the 7 Super Mash Burn and don't under stand the difference between them since they are all made from 300Wm brass.
I read where the 7 Super Mash Burn was originally designed on the 300H&H and the 300Wm was designed around the 375H&H.
I hope you can understand my confusion.

Shoot buddy, easy stuff!

The 7mm Mashburn Super Mag was originally formed from H&H. I use 300 Win for mine. It requires a little fireforming. Just knocks the shoulder back and blows out the shoulder a touch. Nice long neck.

The 7-300 is just the 300 Win necked down.

The 7 Practical is just about the same as the Mashburn without fireforming. All three are pretty awesome if you get them set up with a 3.6" Mag box. They aren't quite 28 Nosler's but they do a lot of the same in a 24" barrel.

In reality, there is no difference that is discernible. I am looking forward to shooting mine, but am cautious about my expectations. My 300 WM is everything I have ever needed.

Elkman":2acd0vsr said:
In reality, there is no difference that is discernible. I am looking forward to shooting mine, but am cautious about my expectations. My 300 WM is everything I have ever needed.

Nope, agree 100% with the old man. What I like about the Mashburn, 7-300 and probably the Practical as well is it works just about like 300 Weatherby. The 300 runs 180's at 3200, the Mashburn does the same with 160's, 200's in the 300 run about 3050 and the Mashburn runs the same with a 175 grain bullet. All in a 24" barrel and with a typically lighter rifle with less recoil which is pretty nice.

It is a wildcat and requires some work to shoot that a typical standard cartridge wouldn't, but brass tends to last a long time so a 100 pieces of fireformed brass will keep you shooting for quite awhile.

Back