Whats your favorite plinking rifle ?

pathfinder82

Beginner
Jan 26, 2008
here's mine , it's a early Sendra 223
000_0325-1.jpg

Family1718.jpg

Pathfinder82, you and I have different ideas on "plinking." :grin: Here's my favorite plinking rifle, a Marlin 39A:
IMG_1098.jpg

Will admit though, that the little black rifles are lots of fun!
IMG_0087.jpg

Regards, Guy

I have a Remington M541HB 22 LR with a Leupold VXII 4x12 with turrets for plinking and vermin control around the house. I use 22 LR Yellow Jackets. My two best shots were with this combo, a heat shot red squirrel at 75 yds and a mouse off a bird feeder at 20 yds.

JD338

I use the 110 grain Speer plinker with 10 grains of unique in my Marlin 30-30

dont get me wrong , i do alot of different type of plinking with a lot of different type of weapons but my favorite is my sendra ,, here are some of my others,,,,
100_2070.jpg

000_0203.jpg

chritsmas2004027.jpg

2004snipers008.jpg

Their all my favorite but some how my Savage M93 17hmr is always with me when I go to the moutains.

Hey Guy Ilike your 39a , Ive had mine for twenty years and actually had to replace the lever , because I wore it oblong from so much use. Up here we never shoot at PD's (we call em' gophers) at much over 150yrds. Ussually closer like 50yrds, alot of the time there will be cattle in the same pasture your hunting so you have to watch where your shootin. My new plinker is a nice 17hmr, I know alot of people think that there a waste of money, but man they are fun to shoot. The ol'39a still gets used though I like the " load on monday and shoot all week" feel of the tube feed compared to a 5-shot 17 clip.

Been plinking with my 458 Lott lately. 457 round ball with 10 gr of Unique.

No kick from my #1 and 1100 fps.

Hey Pathfinder 82 what cal is that M77 your holding?
Is it heavy barrelled or just standard?
Old tang safety or new style?
6 K

Tricked out Ruger 10/22: folding stock, dual 30rd clips, 3-9x32mm scope, laser, and tac light. Don't leave home without it! LOL!

I've got a Ruger 77/17 .17 HMR that I mounted a Loopy VXII that is easily one of my most favorite rifles! It has accounted for so many crows, possums, skunks, and groundhogs!!! It's fun to shoot and not an ear splitter or wallet breaker. I like it a lot!

But then again I like my Ruger 77/22 .22 Hornet that I've just refinished too!

I actually have a couple favorite plinking rifles.

#1 has to be my Customized Ruger 10/22. I shortened the factory barrel to 17" (removing the front sight in the process). I did a total action & trigger job on this 10/22 also. I also decided I wanted something a bit different as my wife would be shooting this rifle also, and she requires a shorter length of pull than I do. I purchased a TAPCO T-6 Stock with an AR Style Pistol Grip and 6 Position Collapsable Buttstock. I didn't like the blocky look of the TAPCO T-6 Forend so I set out to modify it. I cut, ground, reshaped and made some addition parts until I was finally able to attach a DPMS Aluminum Carbine Length Free Float Tune to the forend of the TAPCO T-6 Stock. This 10/22 wears an older Simmons 22MAG 10/22T 3x9x32mm AO Rifle Scope in Weaver Extension 4x4 Rings with Yankee Hill Machine 1/2" Risers.

CustomRuger10-22.jpg

The other one is for more serious plinking. It started life out as a Ruger K77/22RP Stainless-Synthetic .22 LR. I quickly sold the factory synthetic stock and factory stainless-steel barrel. I replaced them with a Volquartsen Laminated Wood Roll Over Monte Carlo Stock and a Clark Custom Guns 20" Stainless-Steel Bull Barrel. I did a complete trigger job on this Ruger, adding an adjustable overtravel stop. It breaks super crisp at 1 pound. I also added a Weaver V-16 4x16x42mm AO Rifle Scope with a Fine Crosshair / Dot Reticle.

I recently did some reshaping on this stock for better shooter comfort. I removed the roll over portion of the monte carlo, lower and radiused the top of the pistol grip and rasped in a hollow area where the rear of the pistol grip meets the buttstock on the right side. My nephew then totally refinished the stock for me.

CustomRugerK7722.jpg

The above photo is before the modifications.

CustomRuger7722-1.jpg

This photo is after the modifications.

Larry

Back