Which .375 Bullet for Brown Bear?

Wow,
I've been guiding fishermen on the peninsula for quite a few years. I have only taken one bear out there my self, but I see quite a few while fishing, every day. You should have a great trip, it is fantastic country. I'm not going to add to the bullet debate other than to say 300 grain Partition. I will offer a couple of.pieces of advice.
You need to be in the best shape you can be. The tundra will kick your butt. I have had many fishing trips.cut short because the client couldn't handle a 1-1/2 mile hike and they claimed to be runners. If you can run hills or get on the stairmaster and crank it up.
Get out and shoot a lot. Get off the bench and concentrate on quick target acquisition. The guides I know up there complain about these two things the most. Most commonly a broad side bear wanders off because the sport spent several minutes setting up the.shot that needed to be taken quickly. The other thing often heard is he just couldn't get there.
With luck you'll find your bear on the creeks within striking distance of camp, it happens all the time.
I can't wait to read your report, I'm betting on a thriller.

Based on the fact that I've got 150 of them, and they seem suitable, I'd go with the 300 gr Nosler Partition from the .375 H&H Model 70... Suspect that would do the job pretty well.

Heck if I know.

The 260 AccuBond does a mighty fine job on black bear, but they're half the size of a grizz, and less than half the size of a coastal brownie. Not that the 260 would bounce off or anything... :grin:

Guy

Back