Wet Weather/Alaska/Brown Bear hunters

Since your outfitter is wanting you to be able to shoot 300 yards that definitely makes a case for the 250-260 gr bullets to keep the velocity up for better expansion and flatter trajectory. Not too surprised he asked for a 300 magnum either since lots of guys will shoot them better than the 375. You'll do fine with your 375 and it sounds like you're practicing lots. Exciting times planning!

Also have confirmed my open sights are on to 100 yards. My main scope is a Trijicon 3x9 with a green dot!

Trying to cover every base
Heard good things about the Trijicon being tough and being able to hold zero, will be neat to hear your impressions of it after your hunt. That exact scope is one I'm considering for my 35 Whelen. Love the battery free illumination feature.

Heard good things about the Trijicon being tough and being able to hold zero, will be neat to hear your impressions of it after your hunt. That exact scope is one I'm considering for my 35 Whelen. Love the battery free illumination feature.
First Trijicon I have owned. Don’t think it will be my last

Just like your buffalo hunts, hoping he’s close enough to smell. Both these guys are 10 footers, early in the summer with the salmon just starting to show up. By September their belly‘s would be dragging. About 50 yards on one of Phil Shoemakers hunting areas.

Attachments

• IMG_9105.jpeg
    IMG_9105.jpeg
    1,010 KB · Views: 12
Just like your buffalo hunts, hoping he’s close enough to smell. Both these guys are 10 footers, early in the summer with the salmon just starting to show up. By September their belly‘s would be dragging. About 50 yards on one of Phil Shoemakers hunting areas.
Couple of big boys.

50-100yds. All the guides I know usually don't want to be shooting any further than that.
All the writers in the past told of guides not allowing their hunters to shoot at brown bears from more than 100 yards, and recommending this to all potential clients.

This does not align with much of what we are seeing regularly on tv today of filmed hunts and stories in magazine articles.
Just seems there's a lot of people that are more interested in bragging that they sniped their brown bear from X00 yards, instead of how they were able to get into 100 yards or less to take their brown bear with a well placed shot. Ego is replacing common sense and good practice. The goal is to be successful, but without putting you and your guide in a perilous or life threatening situation.

My 416 Taylor has a Trijicon 1-4 scope with the green triangle post and is capable of sub MOA groups at 100 yards, and can effectively place shots on target at 300 yards.
I also have a 3-9x40 duplex with green dot, that I bought for a back up scope for Africa (and for hunting the dark timber here at home). That green dot will show up nice on dark/black skins in the shadows/dark timber/thick jess! (Or Mr Spots at last light!)

"Guy, I ran into Joey again at SCI last year, he still complains he doesn’t get enough hunters like you. Your grizz turned into a bit of a rodeo, but as Joey said that man can hunt, shoots good too."

Guy, That's gotta make you feel good!
High praise from a guide! Priceless!

Back