Which reloading press would you choose given the following

Bbear

Beginner
Jan 13, 2015
Lyman T7
Lee 4-hole turret
or
RCBS Turret

I'm wanting to load a bit faster when I'm loading for my 223/5.56 and for the 41 Mag. Wouldn't shoot either enough to warrant going blue nor do I have the bills to buy one.

I have an RCBS Rockchucker that does my more precision stuff for my bolt guns.

Let me know which you have had experience with and would you choose it again?

Jack

Bear, I have the Redding T7, I’d probably be all over the RCBS or Lyman myself. Can’t see either of those being a bad choice. I use mine exactly like the reasons you use yours. I load 100 rounds and under via the turret. 100 rounds and over goes to the progressive.

Like Scott, I use the Redding T7. I should imagine that the Lyman or RCBS would fit the bill for you.

I have the new Lyman Brass Smith turret press, which replaces the T7 in their lineup. It had 8 stations, vice 7 for the T7. Very solid press, I love it.

I use the T-7 too , it's well built . that Lyman looks like a real workhorse though . I don't think there is a wrong choice . I like the turret press even for just any reloading . I can keep a couple die sets in it . it just seems easier to me .

Went with the Lyman Brass Smith. Opticsplanet had it on sale for under $185. Should make loading .41 Mag and 223 a bit better.

Thanks for the replies and advice.

It's a steal if you got it for under $185. I got it on sale from one of the online vendors (Natchez?) for about that price, and haven't seen it that low since. I think you will be very pleased. My usage is similar to yours; I keep one side of it set up for loading .40, and the other side I use for .223, .45 Colt, etc. Definitely speeds up the process.

Had an older Lyman turret press that I got from a friend years ago. Had used it several times over the years at his place, but never did set it up at home. Sold it last year.
Have used DrMike's Redding T7, and liked it a lot. Also like that you can get a stand for your extra turrets with dies installed. Definitely more money, but want to get one.

Enjoy your new press!
What bullet will you be loading in your 41?

Some cast lead 210 grain plinkers and general mayhem and XTP 210 grain for the serious stuff.

I figured with the 8 slots for dies, I can set up for both the 41 and the 223 and have the powder on there as well. Should make it a bit easier to load. And, I can always get another turret for 357 and anything else I want to semi-mass produce.

Found mine at opticsplanet.

Bear, I have the Redding T7, no bad choice for any.

Back