Help me choose?

That is the exact rifle I have. I really think you're gonna love it.

If I may suggest, look into installing a Limbsaver recoil pad on it. The 6.5 isn't abusive but the pad just makes it that much nicer.

Ron

Got an update. Went with what I know. Tikka t3x lite veil alpine in 6.5 prc. Well the tikka part I know the 6.5 prc is new and unknown to me. Projectile is a bit smaller in diameter but the place to stuff the powder is rather large compared to my 7mm-08's. Havnt had a chance to send anything through paper yet. Waiting on scope ring mounts for the tikka.
It sure feels good in hand and if I can dial some reloads in it should be a lot of fun. Picked up a couple boxes of some factory hornady ammo just to see what she's all about. Don't want to do that very often at $2.95 a round.
Thanks for all the knowledge and experience from all of you.
Ron
I don't think the fish has a chance ;) 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🥳🥳

While I'm not a 28cal fan, I do have a 7-08 AR barrel on the way. 8 weeks + 2 days since ordering, so just under 4 weeks to go. I ordered a 6.5prc AR barrel from same maker that showed up in 9 weeks. Maybe next week I'll be lucky? I made sure I had brass, bullets, dies and whatever else needed before ordering the prc and 7-08.

on a T3 Tikka , if you can't reach the lands , you can buy the long action magazine , and bolt stop . this will allow the extra magazine length to load the bullets longer .

I was already ahead on that game. I had ordered a short action mag and a long action mag and a bolt stop for my other tikka from Mt. Tactical. The short action mag gave me plenty of room to grow in the 7mm08. So I have a long action mag and stop already. Lucky me 🤔

Attachments

• 20230708_181739.jpg
    20230708_181739.jpg
    456.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230708_181815.jpg
    20230708_181815.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 3
That is the exact rifle I have. I really think you're gonna love it.

If I may suggest, look into installing a Limbsaver recoil pad on it. The 6.5 isn't abusive but the pad just makes it that much nicer.

Ron
I will jump all over your advise right now just because I really like (that much better). My 7mm08 does not have a suppressor on it. Does the one on the 6.5 make a big difference?

The muzzle brake does help, but bear in mind the recoil isn't horrible to begin with. It's more than your 7mm-08 but nothing like a 300 Win Mag. Like most brakes, it does exacerbate the noise level so wear good muffs or plugs when you shoot it.

You ought to hear what it sounds like with a suppressor. Like a souped-up 22😁. I've done it with mine and no ear protection needed. No ringing ears at all, shooting or observing.

Ron

The muzzle brake does help, but bear in mind the recoil isn't horrible to begin with. It's more than your 7mm-08 but nothing like a 300 Win Mag. Like most brakes, it does exacerbate the noise level so wear good muffs or plugs when you shoot it.

You ought to hear what it sounds like with a suppressor. Like a souped-up 22😁. I've done it with mine and no ear protection needed. No ringing ears at all, shooting or observing.

Ron
An unbraked 5.56 is loud.......well more of pitch/frequency than out right volume. Like the difference between 357mag and 44mag. I can't listen to a 357mag without ear protection, unlike 44mag without EP all day long isn't an issue for me. A brake is great for follow-up shots/seeing shot placed/multiple engagements.

I was already ahead on that game. I had ordered a short action mag and a long action mag and a bolt stop for my other tikka from Mt. Tactical. The short action mag gave me plenty of room to grow in the 7mm08. So I have a long action mag and stop already. Lucky me 🤔
Yup , lots of room in there

Love that Bergara B14 Ridge and that barrel !
300 Win Mag
175gr LRX
Hunter Powder 72.2
Norma Brass CCI 250
I find out it shoots better without the Bergara Omni Brake !

Back