Whoa! Glad it wasn’t me!

Wow! Ramshot powders are some of the cheapest around for whatever reason when they do show up. Least in this area. Last I seen here they were the only powder that was still running under $30 a lb. Don't know about all of them, but ones like Big Game, Tac, Hunter.

New reloaders are blowing my mind. Prices will never go down as long as the newbies keep it up.

Also I just read there is over 940 scam reloading websites now.

Went to a auction today Remington factory ammo for 35 Remington sold for $55 a box.

And I wouldn't sell mine for that. Mostly because I don't want to sell them right now, and not when you can see things like 7mm-08 ammo priced at $45 a box.

Haven't been keeping up with it, but last year they were routinely selling on GB for between $80-$100 per box of that Remington factory ammo. That's when I quit shooting any I had. I think I got 11 boxes left. Paid $15 & change per box for 16 boxes off of a guy a couple years back.

Last year I refused to pay $80 for Hornady 7mm-08 brass, and it was all that was available at the time, but I had a 150 pieces of new federal 260 Rem brass I had left over from when I sold the rifle, so I converted to it 7-08. It works well and made Some accurate hunting loads. If I can find a plan b, I won’t be getting sucked in to paying sky high prices. But most thing have increased only moderately, and those I can deal with.

I just reloaded with/for a friend on Friday.
He had a bunch of once fired Norma brass (.308) and bought a hundred more.
If you consider case life 5-10 reloads, we ended up around a Euro/Dollar per bang with a sillily cheap brass bullet that works very well.
He happily paid for the BBQ after loading
Some factory -bullets are around €5/shot these days.
Primers are low, but powder ok-ish.
That's Germany.

Just remember these sellers after everything settles down. I know I will.
Yeah,
I still haven't bought from a store because of how they gouged during the Obummer administration. He did the same gouging the past two years. As soon as things calm down he lowers prices...but he will not see a dollar from me.

The sad thing is that he's a fellow shooter and well known benchrest shooter.

Found this on the sidewalk outside the local shop. Glad I was only after ear muffs.

View attachment 17279
And everyone in my family looked at me as if I was destined for the psych ward because I was hoard buying reloading supplies while everyone else was after loaded ammunition. I just regret not getting a couple more boxes of 215 primers.

Back