Why do I want this?

Cause were sick Fotis.. That's why!

If you want some awesome optics, with nearly the capability as them, check out the Zeiss Victory RF's or Leica's in the 10x42 models. Cuts the amount of stuff down to one item.

Uh, to be different? To take up a new profession--sniping? I'm with Scotty in recommending either the Zeiss Victory RFs or the Leica GeoVid as much more practical for the hunter/rifleman.

I love these..

DSC_2860.jpg

Fotis,

Because you can. :mrgreen: Thats a good enough reason for me. :grin:

What do they have for a reticle?
As you know, the Swaro can be tough on distant small targets.

JD338

I can not afford these Jim unless I sell a bunch of guns. Not happening.

Not sure what reticle but everyone on LRH and snipers hide are saying these are the cat's buttocks!

FOTIS":3tx1x9ja said:
I can not afford these Jim unless I sell a bunch of guns. Not happening.

Not sure what reticle but everyone on LRH and snipers hide are saying these are the cat's buttocks!

I hear ya.
Tough to beat the Swaro for what we use them for and besides, we already have them.

JD338

Not to the Geovids, but Jeff has a pair. We will test them out when Brian and I hit Billings. I can't see the Leicas being any worse than the Zeiss. Both have gotta be awesome optics.

That's what I was thinking. I gotta back off on new rifles and start upgrading/acquiring GOOD optics.

After I start working again, that is.

Good optics is as important as your rifle and ammo.

FOTIS":uit7vu7t said:

I couldn't agree more. You can't hit them if you can't see them.

JD338

FOTIS":758cjl4g said:

Without a doubt buddy. I have really started to learn this the last few years. Plus, it makes you look better when you see the elk/deer that your buddy couldn't begin to find...

BK":u88p56oa said:
That's what I was thinking. I gotta back off on new rifles and start upgrading/acquiring GOOD optics.

That is my goal as well Kurt. Zeiss's and better are looking nicer all the time.

SJB358":16lh3a7e said:
BK":16lh3a7e said:

That is my goal as well Kurt. Zeiss's and better are looking nicer all the time.

You are NOT helping me much posting pictures of your drool-worthy optics! :evil:

:lol:

BK":3aiiyw5p said:
SJB358":3aiiyw5p said:
BK":3aiiyw5p said:

You are NOT helping me much posting pictures of your drool-worthy optics! :evil:

:lol:

I think Jim said it best, buy once, cry once! :twisted:

I will say this, once you glass elk with the Swaro's and Zeiss's top optics, it is hard to go back. I actually look forward to spending all day on the glass now with those bino's and spotter.. Takes the pain out of glassing.

You can't shoot what you can't see. It is very nice to look over game from a very long distance and pick what you want to expend your energy walking to.

DrMike":qr0blsby said:
You can't shoot what you can't see. It is very nice to look over game from a very long distance and pick what you want to expend your energy walking to.

Truer words have never been spoken. Oregon Spike hunting really brought that into focus. If not for good glass I would have smoked myself moving on every elk I thought was a spike.

vectronics is the real deal, if your wanting to hit antelope on a prairie at 1k or better buy the $1990 range finder, if your wanting to hit the same antelope at 5k get the $9000 dollar pair " hit meaning range". I had a chance to use Dale poling's "elite iron owner" pair he bought for 12k you can range out to 10k yards with it, handy if your directing an artillery strike??? In terms if range finders it has been my experience that the swarovski range finder works the furthest. in terms of rangefinding binoculars the Zeiss will range further than the Leica but the glass in my opinion want as crisp as the Leica. the swarovski we used at the sage flats comp ranged well out to 1600 and of course the glass was wonderful. I also had a chance to use the Bushnell 1600 ranging binos , the ranging ability was right there with the swarovski but of course the glass was not in the same league.

Back