Why do you buy a rifle

I only have 7 center fire rifles and two 22 rim fires. Two of the center fires are old war horses that were gifted, of the 5 others I acquired 3 of them after joining this forum which seems to be a bad influence on people to get them to spend their money :roll:. I only owned 3 center fire rifles of which I had only purchased 2 of them and won 1 in a raffle. The raffle rifle now resides in WY. The others arrived after I joined here one of which came from a member.
So I had my M725 257 Roberts I built for varmints and deer for light work and the do it all Ruger M77 30-06 for everything.
As I stated in my earlier post all these were built or bought for one thing in mind and that was hunting. I do enjoy reloading for them and I'm very proud how I can make ammo for them that will preform better than factory ammo in them. Reloading was an excuse for making more affordable ammo so I could shoot more since I couldn't afford to feed my hunting shooting habit with factory ammo. :lol:

G'Day Fella's,

Europe, I generally buy firearms (to keep for myself), because I really want them (I do have a unfilled Bucket List, with a list of one of every J.M.Browning's designs and others on it).

Occasionally, I will buy or keep a trade firearm for myself, if it is something special.
I do have a few firearms that do get a lot of use (both Huntin and Shootin), and then I have some (rifles in particular), that I keep for huntin but only when it's a nice warm sunny day and in easy walking country.

Hope that helps

Doh!
Homer

I buy a rifle because it tickles my fancy. ;)

No logic or reason to it.

Have traded or sold ones that I regret getting rid of,but for the most part they stay in the gunsafe.

Having a .275 Rigby made on a Dumoulin Mauser action because just want something different.

Yes,I know the .275 Rigby is just a 7x57 (have two of those also.)

elkhunternm":3bbrlm5d said:
I buy a rifle because it tickles my fancy. ;)

No logic or reason to it.

Have traded or sold ones that I regret getting rid of,but for the most part they stay in the gunsafe.

Having a .275 Rigby made on a Dumoulin Mauser action because just want something different.

Yes,I know the .275 Rigby is just a 7x57 (have two of those also.)

That sounds like a beauty!

elkhunternm":1ym893nu said:
Thanks SJB358.

It will be. Will post pics when I get the rifle.

Specs...
American Walnut with a LOP of 13-5/8"
Shilen barrel 22" and a 1-11" twist for 140 gr bullets. With the R.O.T. on the barrel.
Going to use this for the bases.
http://www.talleymanufacturing.com/Prod ... /1/Matte/1”-Fixed-Ring-(Low)-(Matte).aspx
Leupold 3x scope.
Checkering will be Fluer-De-Lis.

That's pretty interesting with the 11 twist. How'd you come up with that?

It sounds like a beautiful rifle. I love the cartridge.

As mentioned earlier,I have two other 7x57's and those use a 160 -175 gr bullets. Just wanted one that'll shoot the 140's only. ;)

elkhunternm":313ldiub said:
As mentioned earlier,I have two other 7x57's and those use a 160 -175 gr bullets. Just wanted one that'll shoot the 140's only. ;)

Makes sense to me buddy. I do like the 7mm Mauser a bunch.

I do too!

Killed this mule deer November 2015 with a Winchester Featherweight 7x57.

The young lady is my daughter.

elkhunternm":20xwcg6c said:
I do too!

Way to go! I dig that picture and congrats to your daughter.

Looks just like my 7 Mauser! Lovely rifle that performs way beyond expectation. Great picture.

SJB358":140hun92 said:
elkhunternm":140hun92 said:
I do too!

Way to go! I dig that picture and congrats to your daughter.
My bad,I'm the one who killed the deer. She was just along for the hunt. :oops:

Good to see you enjoying quality time with your daughter! Looks like she was enjoying the adventure too.

I buy everything with intent to use it. Some sit more than others, and as new stuff comes in, some get relegated to the back of the safe, but I rarely sell anything.

My dad, on the other hand, buys mostly for the joy of collecting. He has a few that he uses for hunting, but the vast majority are for his wall. He has quite the collection of 94's, 92's, 86's and a bunch of Colt Single Actions and Lightnings/Thunderers.

Sounds as if he has gathered a fine collection! I'm going to have to drag out a few of my pets and take some pictures. I can't allow all these fine rifles to linger in the dark confines of a gun safe, can I?

Back