Winchester or Remington brass for .220 Swift?

meanwire

Beginner
Jun 10, 2009
Before I make an order, I was wondering if the Winchester or the Remington brass would best be suited for reloading the .220 Swift? Thanks!

meanwire

Welcome to the forum, glad you found us.

As a rule, W-W brass is more consistent and gives longer like than R-P brass.
I will take W-W over R-P when ever I have the option.

JD338

I always used Winchester in my swifts. Welcome to Nosler!

I have not loaded enough to have a preference but I bought remington for the swift I was loading for a few months back because thats all I could find and I felt fortunate to get it

where did you find this brass

I also prefer Winchester Brass to Remington.I have been told buy others that there isn't much difference, but I don't buy it.

Well for the swift, unfortunately your limited to win or rem.

When I had my swift I made the mistake of buying rem brass. With top end loads I was getting split necks on some of the 2nd and 3rd firings on some cases and the pockets were about done for.

With winchester I went up to 5 firings without any troubles before I got rid of the rifle.

I would definately go with winchester.

The swift is very hard on brass when loaded to max pressures, its been the worst on cases that I've worked with anyways. Its a bad case design is all. I like a 22-250 now, almost as fast, with 3x more case life. But as with anything, when you want the fastest, there is tradeoffs. Some good, some bad, you decide.

Back