Winchester Super Grade .30-06

Go for Guy, you only live once so you might as well get something special for your self,

Go for it!

As a wise man once said...a 30-06 is never a mistake, especially if its a model 70.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

OK do you want a new set of twins of 70's that can handle any game in the world?

OR

Do you want to beak up the CDL twins by selling the redundant 30-06?

OR

Do you want 2 sets of twins?
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Our concurrence?

That way he does not feel alone! LOL

What? You haven't bought that Super Grade yet? What's holding you back?

All your friends are telling you it's ok. Forget about that whole jump off a bridge thing mom worried about, you probably did that too, if you don't do it I might forget to send you those silver fly's I promised you. Now there's some pressure. :mrgreen:

salmonchaser":kbtenra8 said:
All your friends are telling you it's ok. Forget about that whole jump off a bridge thing mom worried about, you probably did that too, if you don't do it I might forget to send you those silver fly's I promised you. Now there's some pressure. :mrgreen:

Such friends, Guy. :grin: Always have your best interest, or something like that, at heart.

Guy,
I have one. It's a joy to shoot and shoots just as pretty as it looks. I've got some special plans for it some day. I'm going to add some express sights and Bore it out to a 35Whelen. It really won't cost much but what a rifle!
I say just do it! :grin:

Scott

Guy, you already have redundant .375 H&H's, why not .30-06's. I have been lusting after one of the Super Grade .257 Roberts. I already have a custom Mauser (Browning) in .257 R. What is the harm?

Guy, I am with Scott. Get that super grade & make it into something really special the 35 Whelen is just what you need :wink: not that I am attempting to persuade you :mrgreen:!
Waiting for the post that states it is done.

Blessings,
Dan

C'mon guys you got it all wrong he needs to find a really pretty SG. Then needs to sell his CDL and find another CDL in 35 Whelen!! Then he has the best of both worlds!!!

Guy, like you I always sort of wanted a Super Grade Model 70, though most of my rifles have been Remingtons.

Then Winchester came out with the 75 Anniversary edition of the Model 70 Super Grade. It is chambered in 30-06, which I really did not need, but I just had to have it after looking at one in a gun store.

That rifle is finished very well. The blueing is deep and even, the stock is beautifull, and the wood to metal finish is great. "The Rifleman's Rifle" is engraved on the gun.

I generally like light triggers but this new one that is in that rifle is so smooth and crisp that I just left it at 4 pounds just like it came out of the box.

I know, it is a collector's item, but what good is a rifle you cannot shoot? I have had it to the range several times and it shoots quite well with 150 or 165 grain bullets, it does not care much for 180's though. It is so pretty I have not brought myself to take it hunting yet, one of these days.

I did have one unusual problem with it though. I was running some reloads through it a few months back and the safety simply fell off the darned thing. You could see that the shaft that goes down into the action sheared off. I took it back where I bought it and the sent it to Winchester. It came back in a very short time and seems to work fine now.

You should buy that Super Grade if you really want it.

I have owned several Winchester Model 70 .30-06's with the current one bought new in 1995. It seems that everyone of these Model 70 rifles shot the 165 grain bullets slightly more accurately with 165 grain Noslers. I did own a Remmy Model 725 back in the 1960's and that gun slightly preferred the 180 gr bullets.

Guy Miner you worked hard in the Military defending our country and then you put in another career defending our country and our home with your service in Law Enforcement. My good man you need this Super Grade 30-06, no you deserve this and should have it! :mrgreen: :grin:

Just go and get the darn thing okay.

David

Back