Winter is coming

We had a little here on the right coast the other day, Mostly on the grass and cars that froze hard as a brick bat.
Caused schools to be 2hrs late.

We’ve only had 4-5 frosts so far and it’s bad dry.
need wet and cold.
mississippi weather is never predictable

Not a lot so far, but it's here in Washington:
mQkPamah.jpg

Jti0P5Zh.jpg

OZ8PYFah.jpg

I've only had to shovel the snow a couple of times so far.

Guy

Great pictures Guy.
What's your annual snow fall?
Here at GRR International airport it's about 76" annually but last year was the 4th snowiest on record with 123". I live NW of there so we typically get a little more.

JD338

We are a little over 3000 feet but we are east of the Blue Mountains, so we‘re in the rainshadow so to speak. Yearly total would only be a couple of feet, perhaps three feet. What little we get does tend to stay around for a while. We had a little place at the same elevation near where Bill (elkman) and Scotty hunted in Mt. Emily, on the west side of the Blues. Sold it three years ago. Close to 150 inches a year there. Got 4 feet in one storm about 5 years ago on Easter Eve.

Great pictures Guy.
What's your annual snow fall?
Here at GRR International airport it's about 76" annually but last year was the 4th snowiest on record with 123". I live NW of there so we typically get a little more.

JD338
It varies a lot. We're at about 800' elevation even though well inland. Right down along the Columbia River and surrounded by much higher ground.

Average annual snowfall is supposed to be 27" - some winters it seems that there is very little snowfall. A couple of years ago we got about 24" overnight! That was crazy... Photo taken of my Jeep in the driveway that morning:
EBlw0SCh.jpg

I'm kinda fond of the weather patterns that put a bunch of snow in the mountains, and it's warm enough down here in town that it rains. I look at rain as self-shoveling snow... :)

Guy

That's a heap of snow Guy. Last Nov we got 27" over 3 days. It melted and then had a blizzard on Christmas dumping another foot on us. It melted and then went into a more normal winter pattern.
We ended up with the 4th snowiest season on record.
Everything is white this morning but it's been unusually warm this year. Once it turns cold, the lake effect snow machine (Lake Michigan) will do it's thing.

JD338

Even up around 6000 feet there is very little snow this year, we’re about normal for precipitation this fall but it all fell in two three day periods.

Winter is coming here too. It has gotten a little colder, but what is all of that white stuff in your pictures?

Back