Wolf Primers

normo

Beginner
Oct 18, 2007
Has anyone used Wolf Primers and what is your experience with them?

I am looking at them for my higher volume range plinking loads in 38 Spl, 45 ACP, and 223. stuff I shoot alot but don't need an absolute tack driver for.
They appear reasonably priced ($19.00/1000) when compared to Fed, Win, CCI. but are they reliable and so forth.
My go to loads will get name brand based on what I have worked up loads for.
Any input would be appreciated.

I do not know anything about hem, but if consistency is there ou can not beat the deal at those prices,

I've only seen them at the last gunshow.
The guy selling them claimed some of the target shooters liked them, but then again......he was selling them.

Thanks for that URL Pop,
the results are very mixed and I'm not sure it's worth it. I don't like the idea of hang fires and duds, not when I'm shooting courses of fire which require quick second shots and thirds.

I might just stay with what I am doing, and watch the quality reports on the Wolf Primers for a bit.

I really think the problem with hang fire and fail to fire issues with the Wolf primers is due to not seating the primer correctly. If you look at the primer you will see that the anvil sits up just a little more than most primers. At first I had a couple fail to fire but when I broke the loads down and looked at the primers I found that one primer that I removed the anvil and the foil over the mix to see if it had any mix it did. The other I laid on the floor and hit with a hammer and it went BANG. I did put on my safety glasses but wish I had added my ear muffs. From this I learned that when seating the primer, I use a Lee Hand Primer, you can feel the primer anvil hit the bottom of the pocket but then you need to press a little harder and you can feel the primer cup seat against the bottom of the pocket. After doing this I have not had any issues at all with Wolf primers. I have found that they are very accurate and the SD is less with them than any other primers I have used. At the $18.00 a thousand I gave for them it was a real deal.

1Shot":259qns07 said:
I really think the problem with hang fire and fail to fire issues with the Wolf primers is due to not seating the primer correctly

+1

Seated correctly (flush against pocket) they preform very well. They work great for target shooters, I started using them in my 22-250. The load dosn't shoot half bad. I'm sitting on nearly 5000 of these and are a good value.

Back