Wounding Game

Africa Huntress":3twoikyq said:
Well heck guys, please accept my apologizes. My ONLY purpose for mentioning the "drilling" was because it was a thread about wounding animals. I was not thinking that it would rub people the wrong way. You guys have a great Christmas.

Best Regards

Jamila

p..s. Frank, it would work. Those who use a shotgun usually like a 12 or 10. I sent you the details about ours via p.m., which as you will note, it was made in your country. Albeit a tad before I was born.
Please never apologize for something that isn't wrong.
Your offending no one who has responded to your post openly and must have gotten another PM from a key board hero who we wish we knew who the coward or cowards are.
Keep right on posting and answering our questions since you know way more on the subjects you relate to then we do.
The only dangerous game we may encounter are Bears and Mountain lions though I've never hunted them.
I have seen one Mountain lion and was too close for comfort even setting in a pick up truck, caused the hair to stand up on the back of my neck.

Africa Huntress":3psty7n3 said:
Well heck guys, please accept my apologizes. My ONLY purpose for mentioning the "drilling" was because it was a thread about wounding animals. I was not thinking that it would rub people the wrong way. You guys have a great Christmas.

Best Regards

Jamila

p..s. Frank, it would work. Those who use a shotgun usually like a 12 or 10. I sent you the details about ours via p.m., which as you will note, it was made in your country. Albeit a tad before I was born.

Goodness gracious! You mean there are some social justice warriors masquerading as hunters and shooters lurking on this site? :shock: Now these unemployed Starbucks baristas have found something about which to be offended? I guess as part of the sisterhood of the perpetually offended it didn't take much for them to feel threatened. Their knickers are in a knot, you say? Surely no man would be offended by someone mentioning a drilling! Real men are excited at the thought of a woman who hunts leopards and carries a drilling. Man! Talk about exciting the imagination! 8) You go, Jamila! (y) Let the snowflakes retreat to their safe space where they can knead their Play-doh and loudly mourn their lack of virility.

Europe":3sn80j3z said:
Frank, that is a sweet drilling that you have, which is it--double 8's on top or double 16 on top?

It is a double shotgun with a 22 hornet inlay barrel in one shotgun barrel with the 8 mm below.
I post some pictures later.

Drillings are special for the kind of hunting we had back then. Lots of small game with an occasional deer passing by.

Today I use it for pelt-hunting and if a boar walks by, I have the big bullet.

Regards
Frank

Lol, well put togeather Mike. In my humble opinion, it doesnt really matter WHAT the girls say on here THEY have always got something derogatory to say about it.
And it is more than likely that these grand ladys we have here, are twice the man, as these whineas* keyboard critic's will ever be............

I put some info on Drillings in the rifle section
Cheers
Frank

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

Sorry about the buck E. I’m sure he was a whopper if you tripped the trigger on him. Sounded like a great hunt.

Well here is an update its been almost a month and we have a couple of solid reports that there is a buck coming in now to a guys place about a mile from where I fired at mine in BP season he has a big healed over spot right behind the back of his front legs, so was hit right across the bottom of the brisket ( poor marksmanship).
Good news is he seams to be fine! Guess he was ment
To have one more Christmas! He will be even better next year.

It must be welcome news for you to find out the buck survived. Good luck on getting him next year.

That is good news!

Funny isn't it, how we hunters all wanted that deer to survive?

If the buck can't be taken cleanly, quickly... We'd just as soon it healed up and got healthy again.

Cool.

Deer are tough, on a late Nevada bow hunt I seen a 3 leg buck with does, his front leg was missing below the shoulder blade and he had 4 points on one side and 6 spikes on the other side. Two bucks came after his does and he ran them off. We had a 3 legged cow elk hanging around our house for many years.

It is good to know that the buck survived, E. Guy is correct in his observation that hunters seem to be more concerned about the welfare of the game they hunt than anyone else. We feel a connection to nature that transcends the mere observation of animals. Those who promote tourism don't always realise that they are advocating for a visual production rather than allowing a shared existence.

Back