Wyoming!

For you guys who didn't draw in Wyoming this year.

1. I understand that antelope tag numbers were down, to help the herds recover/rebuild.

2. Buy a preference point this summer. I don't remember when that needs to be done, but soon I think. It can greatly improve your odds of being drawn. Cheap insurance.

Guy

We didn't draw but maybe we can snag some OTC doe tags

Congrats Fotis. Sorry George. Next year the Greek Mafia Death Squad will put a dent in Area 47!

JD338

Looks like Fotis and Guy are going to be busy and I know they have some sharp knives :mrgreen: Best of luck to you guys that have drawn and wish ya all the best and it's so much more than filling the freezer it's memories wether ya tag or not ! Having a huge chunk of meat in the freezer is a good thing as long as ya can make 40 weight gravy :lol:

I guess we will just have to shoot more crop damage deer in the next few weeks.

JD338

FOTIS":2xa0ye3d said:
I got

Bull elk
cow calf elk
mule/whitetail deer
Antelope buck

Good job Fotis. We drew the Bull Elk Tag too. Hope to see you on the mtn.
I also drew a area 7 cow/calf and a great deer tag west of town along with the same old Antelope.
It is going to be a very busy season for both of us! Brian

Congratulations, Brian. You've done well in the draws this year. Should be a good season for you.

I drew the Unit 88 antelope tag but no luck on the unit H mulie tag. Guess my backcountry hunt will wait til next year :(

Brian,

Congratulations on your draws. You are going to have a busy season.

JD338

Dad and I got deer, but did not get antelope.
Now we will have to look for leftover antelope in a different region.

Very nice! Good luck to you all. Sounds like it's going to be a Nosler get together in Wyoming!

Congrats Guy & Fotis!

My son will be 12 in Sept and he accompanied me in '10 when I shot our first pronghorn buck. This year a buddy from church and I entered our pointless boys in the buck tag draw and they got their first choice!

We'll be staying in Douglas Oct 5-8, hunt the 6-8, and then do a bunch of exploring and sight-seeing. Corey and I are hoping for OTC doe tags in the same or adjacent area, but the boys & their buck tags are the priority.

Good luck to everyone!

Congrats to your boys Eric! That is darned exciting!

What rifle are the boys using?

Buddy's son has a Savy 243 Win & mine a custom Mauser in 257 Rob. My buddy will likely use his son'a rifle, but I have yet to decide what I'll use to fill my doe tags?

280AI, 6-250, 7-08, none of which have bloodied big game? Or the good ole faithful 257 AI that accompanied us in '10, in which I have TONS of confidence, and which kills stuff like crazy?

A lot will depend upon what gets bloodied in our early doe season here.

Holy cow, sounds like your going to have a great time Eric.

Those 257's can still kill deer? Jeeze, you would have thought a slight wisp of wind would make them completely ineffective! :grin:

Congratulations on all that got tags, seems like more than last year which is a great thing. Its going to be a great fall, for "all".

I was successfull as well in Wyoming. I drew both the doe/fawn antelope tags I put in for. Looking forward to getting back out west for the first time since 2002. I have already warned my wife it may become addictive to let me go again.... she just smiled and shook her head.

Back