Yesterdays range trip

Idaho_Elk_Huntr

Beginner
Feb 5, 2009
Went to the range yesterday. Took the 300 Win Mag and loaded up some RL22.
These are the first I have loaded for it and I guess I just got lucky. For me RL22 is the powder for the win mag

75 grains RL22
180 grain Nosler AccuBond seconds hBN coated
WW brass
Fed. 215 primers
velocity average 3120
Range 200 yards
TC Encore Pro Hunter

targ.jpg

targ1.jpg

Idaho_Elk_Huntr

You have the right load for your 300 Win Mag. Try working with your COL and your groups should get even better. :wink:

JD338

Great shooting Idaho elk hunter. My TC liked 74 grains better for some reason with the 180 nab. You're ready and keep up the good shooting. :grin:

You got a shooter there buddy. Hold on to her. Great load also. Fast hard and accurate.

Im going to play some more. I forgot my glasses and it affected my shooting. Blind as a bat without them so I adjusted the scope the best I could. Also with the hBN coated bullets Im sure I can go up a few more grains. Not bad though for one of them single shots

Idaho_Elk_Huntr

75.0 grs RL 22 is a proven accuracy load with 180 gr bullets in the 300 Win Mag.
I have used this load in 3 different rifles and all shot well under MOA. There are also several others on the forum that have had the same level of accuracy.
I would leave the charge weight at 75.0 grs and work with the COL.

JD338

I would not play with anything JD. These are less than an inch groups at 200 yards. 8)

POP":1zen6p6f said:
I would not play with anything JD. These are less than an inch groups at 200 yards. 8)

I missed that! Those 200 yd groups are perfect and I wouldn't touch a thing!
Once again, 75.0 grs RL 22 is the magic load with a 180 gr bullet in the 300 Win Mag.

JD338

RL22 is awesome in my 300 Win Mag also. I have a great load using the Sierra 200gr Sierra Spitzer Boattail and it is a tack driver. Once I can get some 200gr Accubonds or Partitions, I will start again. Those are awesome groups and a very powerful load. Good luck with them, I bet they are going to make something really sick. Scotty

Back