You guys pick the bullet for the 300 Bee

wisconsinteacher

Handloader
Dec 2, 2010
I plan on loading for the 300 Bee soon. I am going to let you guys and gals pick the first bullet for me to try. Here is what I have.

180 grain AccuBond
180 grain Partition
200 grain Partition

I will see what bullet gets the most votes and then load them up.

Any of those bullets will perform well in your Bee. Wonder why you didn't include the 200 grain AccuBond?

200 Partition and 82-83 grains of 7828SSC in Norma cases backed with a CCI 250.... it's pretty sweet when it comes together. :twisted:

Well, given that it's a .300 Weatherby Magnum...

I'd imagine you're contemplating large, strong game animals, potentially at 300+ yards. Though the .30 cal magnums do well from muzzle scorching range... In my opinion they're ideally suited for longer range shots on game like elk, bear, big mule deer, etc...

Every bullet you listed will perform well at that task, as should the 200 gr Nosler AccuBond. BTW - that's a REALLY accurate bullet from some rifles...

If you've got 'em all on hand, give 'em each a try over a suitable powder and let the rifle decide for you.

Regards, Guy

G'Day Fella's,

Wisconsin teacher, what animals are you likely to be hunting with these bullets?

Happy New Year and Best Wishes for 2017
Homer

Any of those are great, and proven, elk bullets.

Try them in the rifle, and the rifle may tell you which it prefers.

Other than that, I really don't have a recommendation. They're all good. Really good.

Guy

In the 300 BEE ( which properly loaded loses nothing to the 300 RUM) the 200gr bullets make a lot of sense. I worked up a load for my then deployed Marine SIL for a custom 26" barreled 300 RUM with Retumbo and the 200 NAB. No reason the 200 Partition wouldn't do the same as his has on elk. I like the 200PT in the 30-06 for elk/big hogs, the 180s in the 300 winmag, and the 200s again in the faster 300's. More bullet weight at faster speed is always a better choice for elk...and if tough enough for elk, it won't tear up deer/antelope bad. I have more experience with the Barnes 180 in the 300 winmag, but you don't have any...no sweat, you have a good inventory right now!

All good choices for elk.

I would try all and see which one the rifle prefers!

Back