FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Mine:

357 Python

Marlin 39A 22 LR

and maybe some more................. :mrgreen:

I'm sure your list will expand as you sell. I have 3 wants now a M70 8 Mauser a 9.3 Mauser to complete my M70 Mauser collection a M70 6-284 and I have a donor for one in hand.

Hunts, not equipment. That's what my bucket list is full of!

I'm fat on equipment, short on time & money for all the hunting I want to do...

Guy

pre 64 m70 in 375 H&H
pre 64 m70 in 9.3x62Mauser
Smith and Wesson 610 6" barrel 10mm
Winchester M21 in 12 gauge
Want to find my Great uncles 1873 Win in 44-40 and his Browning Safari in 3006. Lost those when he died. Someone pilfered the gun room before the authorities could secure his collection.

pre6422hornet":2ifcaeyj said:
Want to find my Great uncles 1873 Win in 44-40 and his Browning Safari in 3006. Lost those when he died. Someone pilfered the gun room before the authorities could secure his collection.

That sucks. Gun thieves should be turned over to the tender mercies of gun owners.

Funny thing, this bucket list of mine. Lots of calibers I'd love to wring out, including the .221 Fireball, 6.5x55 and .375 H&H. However, there's also lots of different glass I'd like to try, which would cost as much or more than those rifles. Then, as Guy pointed out, I could do a lot of hunting for that kind of money...

That does it, I'm buying a lottery ticket. :shock:

Browning Citori 12 ga.
700 LSS 375 RUM
Moose Hunt

JD338

Don't know if I'd call it a bucket list, but the items on my short list right now...
-AR-10 or DPMS platform 308
-Big bore lever... preferably 444Marlin
-XDs or Glock 36 or similar
-Ruger Redhawk 44 mag
-Decent O/U preferably 20ga...an english stock would be a plus
-Mark V in 257
-22LR Revolver... not settled on a Ruger SA or SP101
-Suppressor
-Glass upgrades

Not quite on the short list but on the radar...
-325WSM on a M70 FWT
-Wildcat a 6.5... either on a WSM or RoyToy case... M70 and Mark V respectively
-416Ruger M77
-Savage Striker in 260 or 7-08
-50BMG
-Deals on just about any Ruger that crosses my path.

Putting firearms aside, about the only hunts I really want to do....
-Moose
-Birds in Argentina

Beretta 687EELL w 32 inch barrels in both 12 and 20
M1 Garand

Alberta or Saskatchewan in October for ducks and geese.
South American for doves.
Another elk hunt.

Hunts:
Red stag in New Zealand
Caribou north of the arctic circle
Moose in Northern BC

Firearms
SW stainless 686
Kimber 1911
To finish the three custom guns I've started but can't seem to finish
Short action 700 in 7-08, mtn weight barrel custom wood stock
Customized Rem 700 action 280AI with a Pac-nor barrel
Model 70 in 375 Ruger with express sights and brockman peep as back up to scope.

For guns my short term bucket list is:
6.5-300wm heavy barrel for long range critters and steel
.300 Norma Imp.
.338 Lapua Imp.
.375-.300 Norma Imp. or .375-.338 Lapua Imp.
.500 A-Square

Long Term list is:
6x47
6.5x47
.338 Snipetac
.375 Snipetac
.500 Snipetac

For hunts:
I'd like to go back to Alaska for moose and caribou
Back to Africa for Buff and a few plains game animals
Argentina for birds
BC for all kinds of things if my in-laws get their act together and buy a hunting license for 3 consecutive years so I can go without a guide. They have a giant mule deer buck on their property now :-(.

IdahoCTD":12dxze6j said:
BC for all kinds of things if my in-laws get their act together and buy a hunting license for 3 consecutive years so I can go without a guide. They have a giant mule deer buck on their property now :-(.

My goodness, man, you must compel them to act with dispatch! This is more important than life itself!

A little different answer here, but mine would be to have both my daughters want to hunt with me. I also want a custom 7mm Dakota or 270 Wby.

DrMike":qvjj02is said:
IdahoCTD":qvjj02is said:

My goodness, man, you must compel them to act with dispatch! This is more important than life itself!

Oh I have tried. My wife's step-dad said he was going to get a license this year (he has hunted quite a bit in the past but not recently). So if that is the case then I only have to wait 3 more years before I can go.

Hunts:
Africa for Buff and a few plains game animals
North for Caribou!

Back