YOUR FAVORITE PIC OF THE YEAR!

salmonchaser

Handloader
Dec 13, 2013
Catherine and I were discussing which would be our favorite pic of the year. She was surprised I didn’t pick one of the Africa pics.
For the last 20 years I spent summers guiding in Alaska. Missed all the back packing trips into the Eagle Cap wilderness. Last summer I retired, between bouts with the African spotted tic fever we spent a week in the Eagles.
Reds horse ranch has been in the middle of the wilderness area since it was a horse thief hideout in the 1870s. It’s a private inholding that has now been gifted to the USFS.

Attachments

• CD3005B1-38AF-4292-92E3-465E8C24773E.jpeg
    CD3005B1-38AF-4292-92E3-465E8C24773E.jpeg
    283.9 KB · Views: 26
I’ll post up two but the same thing-my wife puttering in the fire-one in South Africa. The fire at night is a cherry on top of the day-every night have a drink and relive the events of the day etc etc.
the other is my wife cooking tin foil dinners at our camping spot. We got away about one night a week with our kids to various campsites and built fires to cook on and the kids shot BB guns and threw balls and climbed trees etc etc
Just good memories the pix bring back43BA3737-8FD7-4252-AAA6-6210A4663253.jpeg77D242B9-2DEE-4CA3-B4E2-F58588AAB00E.jpeg

most of our best times include the Grandson . he is a real treat for us .we pack a little picnic lunch and a few ice cold pepsi's . here he is enjoying a little shooting on a beautiful sunny day .

P8020438.JPG

Last edited:
Here are my two favorites. The first is my youngest sons first big game animal in ID. He shot a doe whitetail on a sika deer hunt in MD last year. The second is my oldest sons second elk at 11 years old. He is on his way to besting me. I don't think I shot my first until I was 22 or 23. Hopefully they both best me by my age.Jacen's 2022 doe antelope.jpgJax's 2022 cow 2.jpg

So what is that supposed to mean?

I'm not that old yet, that I'm stumbling around.
"Stub the toe' is a term that was common during my boyhood. It refers to a time when one kicks an obstacle while walking. And by the way, I am sufficiently unsteady on my feet after several truck crashes and incidents that I do manage to stumble around. BlkRam delights to tease me about turning turtle when we would hunt due to the unsteadiness on my feet. I meant that as a humorous statement since the lad was dressed as a medical personnel.

"Stub the toe' is a term that was common during my boyhood. It refers to a time when one kicks an obstacle while walking. And by the way, I am sufficiently unsteady on my feet after several truck crashes and incidents that I do manage to stumble around. BlkRam delights to tease me about turning turtle when we would hunt due to the unsteadiness on my feet. I meant that as a humorous statement since the lad was dressed as a medical personnel.
Thank you!

Psalm 91, verse 12

Wont put them on here but my favorite pics every year are from our family get togethers. Our family gets together for all the major holiday's, & Mothers Day, Father's Day, etc, plus have a couple others thrown in during the yr.......an annual fish fry, etc.

My immediate family is big enough there's almost always a new baby around as well as all the other youngsters. There's now 54 of us if everybody is there, although rarely everybody is there, but usually in the high 30's to mid 40's. My family has a bounty of good cooks. Always lots of great food, campfires weather permitting, stories and laughs, just a general good time. My favorite part sometimes is all the noise. I always look forward to it.

Just had another great nephew born today. That makes 21 great nieces and great nephews. The world can be a complete crap bag, but if you have close family life is good.

Back