Your last firearm

I should probably No Comment like Fotis.

However, I've thought it already that if I "had to" get down to just one I would likely keep my Wby Vanguard stainless in 270 Win. It shoots accurately to 500+ yards with factory ammo at $22/box, the recoil is very tolerable, and there isn't much I can't hunt with it. Despite my other rifles, some more accurate and some more expensive, it's the one I end up taking as a primary or secondary on many hunts.

Perhaps the question should have worded differently...

In your current battery of firearms, which is your absolute favourite, cannot live without firearm?

You just made it easy for me.
The first brand new center fire rifle I bought and it is a M77 Tanger 30-06 which has killed all but 5 of the deer I have killed and I used it for crop damage work so it has killed a ton of deer.

Europe":2q5z1kf9 said:
Gil

12 responding

8- 30 caliber and 6 of those 8 all said 30-06 ----- go figure

The other two were 300wsm and 300 H & H

the remaining four were 270, 338, 35 Whelen and 358

maybe the old 30-06 is not dead yet!
Hey there sister Me thinks you missed one. I said the 280 Ackley Improved! That is if I could decide between it and my 30-06. Oh the misery!

Whichever one I'm holding in my cold dead hands. If it's gone that far, would most likely be one of several 9mm high capacity semi-automatics.

Handgun-Colt Government Model .45 auto.
Rimfire Marlin 39A
Shotgun-1100 Remington 3inch Mag.
Rifle-Winchester Model XTR .264 Win Mag or Model 70 pre-war. 300 H&H Mag I would have to think a long time on this choice.

Back