Your special rifle/caliber?

Guy,

I do like that picture. You did a great job of posing the deer and the rifle. I'll probably steal your idea--if I'm ever successful.

Thanks guys. I was taking a break from wrestling the dead deer down the mountain - he'd fallen and slid to a really nasty spot.

Sat down to take a breather and get some water, looked over and saw the way the sunlight was hitting the leaves and such behind the deer and thought it would make a good photo. So I propped up his head with a stick, leaned the rifle up against him and took a couple of photos. They came out pretty good I thought.

Guy

Man you got a good eye. I am terrible at it. But then I suck in a bad way from an artistic standpoint! :evil:

Artistry is not my strong suit. However, I can certainly admire good work when I see it.

That's a good lookin' rig, Guy. Although I already have a Classic .25-06, I may have to steal your ideas, right down to the fixed 6x Leupy.

With all the rifles I have bought in the last 15 years (7), I have fallen back on my 99EG in .300 sav. a lot. It is old & sports the old 4x Weaver it always has & never fails. Shoulders quick, comfortable, points well & I have faith shooting it above all the rest.
Chris
"Semper Fi"

I have to go with my stainless Winchester M70 classic 338 WM. It wears a McMillan and a VX-III 3.5-10x40 B&C. It doesn't group that great (1-1.25") but it seems to just hammer everything I point it at.

Next up is my Savage 243. I love shooting it. It's hell on yotes and gongs.

Third is my custom savage 280 AI. I'ts growing on me the more I shoot it. It will be getting a new stock here pretty soon, and an optics upgrade.

Really I want to list them all. I love them all for something.

POP":1ib2d5pe said:
378 WBY MAG Love it although it hates me as of late.

378WBY.jpg

Though That might change soon!

Got a surprise on the way! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Just read my forum name.......
Rather new rifle, but I`m familiar with the 270 cartridge. Have mounted a Swarovski 2,5 - 10 X 42 on top, Outdoor Connection sling. Feels just right, everything about it. Shooting, carrying, cleaning, I just like everything about it.
Have wanted this rifle for ten years, back when Ruger manufactured them in "plain" SS and a coffe-coloures laminate stock. Should have bought it at that time, instead of other guns I bought.
First time I buy a brand new big game rifle, have always traded or swapped used ones. Come to think, besides my 10/22, it`s the only "new" gun in my safe ever. :p

Pictures of rifle under Hunting pics 2010, page 6.

Hawkeye270
Congratulations on the new .270. I sure like the looks of the new Hawkeyes from Ruger. I feel they build a good solid rifle, and the .270 is a great cartridge which I don't have to tell you that! :mrgreen: Let us know how it shoots!

My FN Mauser in 250-3000 Savage. It has been my obsession and project for about 10 years. It gives me fits as it seems to always have some ailment, but Ive been working with it for so long that it comes so easily to the mark its almost fun. And on rare occasion it goes sub inch groups.
CL

Leuygrp101708.jpg

And then of course it accounted for this one.... :grin:

PRONGHORN064.jpg

If we have to pick two, Im ashamed to say it but I really enjoy shooting that old scoped smooth bore Ithica 37 16 ga. slug gun :oops: :shock: Just wait 'til takes a deer! CL

CL you are the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nuff said buddy

As much as I'm still infatuated with the Rem. 700 and Savage 270 WSM's, mine would have to be the old stand-by Winchester 88 in 308 with a weaver K6 and tip off mounts. Probably have taken as many animals with this one as with all the others combined.

Well I think my .243 just passed up my 338 WM. I was three for three on yotes this morning and got my first double! First one was standing looking back over its shoulder at me at about 200 yards, brained him. Next two were running at about 150 yards, tumbled the first then, dumped the second.

Makes me so happy!

My 358 STA. Shot coyotes to Moose, 225s to 300s through it. A few different scopes. It just fits. It's a Remington, SSDM rebarreled to the 358. Decelerator pad installed, trigger done quite light and that's about it. No bedding and it will shoot sub MOA groups. As I said it just fits.

Thanks Dave.....Aw quit it Pop. :) you've seen it b-4. Hatching plans for another try next year.....Shhhhhh....dont tell the boss yet. I need a new pic. I gained 20 pounds and lost a bunch of that hair since '06. Still got the hat......and the rifle. :) App deadline for Wyo. is Feb right? Should I send Mr. Coburn a bunch a money and get me another 250 Savage? Couldnt replace the old "mouser" though. Maybe just a new 3 position safety.....(dang project rifle....Im hopeless...and addicted to pronghorns) CL

PS> Jmad- you are a yote smoker for certain. Was you born in South Dakota too? Hang tight to that 243! Good medicine there!

My special rifle is my M70 Laminate 270WSM. Absolutely my favorite rifle and man, it always shoots really well for me. Has been a sub inch shooter its entire life. Scotty
DSC_0149.jpg

150gr BT's at 3100
DSC_1231.jpg

Back