Zeiss Conquest HD5 3-15 initial impressions

There is no doubt that it will be snapped up by many people. The scope looks to be a bargain.

Very nice scope.
I am thinking of putting this scope on my 338 RUM

JD338

With the T* (Tessar) coated Schott Glass lenses, it should be a great scope. I am speculating that to get the performance that Zeiss is known for, in order to make a 5:1 magnification scope, they pulled the line back to Germany.

I have a T*, Diavari V scope and the glass is first rate. It is in the coatings.

The 3-15's I have looked at so far, a Z800 and Turret'ed one have been pretty awesome scopes. Look like a perfect set up for alot of big rifle's that need some extra X's.

I can't pull up your site, my virus software keeps saying it is blocking a black hole? Any ideas fellers?

Your virus software should have an exclusion list, Scotty. You are able to list specific sites to permit going to those sites. It may be listed as an exception list or an exclusion list. Usually, it will be under the settings on your software.

Yeah, I think is about the ideal scope for this rifle..

We will be hunting supressed this season for deer and so this rifle may see less rounds through it.
I could see having two guns in the blind, a compact supressed rifle for taking does, pigs, coyotes and this if a big buck was out 4-500 yards..

I will have one next year for crop damage deer hunting in low light. Should be just about perfect out to 800 yds.

JD338

I think this scope will top the rifle I am looking into. What's better having turrets or the rapid z?

I'm a turret twister so that is the route I would take.

JD338

Well, as much as I am a firm believer and user of FFP and mil/mil scopes this just isn't a "tactical"
scope, nor does it have the weight those scopes do.

I consider it an option..
FFP is madatory to me if you are using the retical for range finding or holds.
If using the center crosshairs and dialing I your shots it isn't "required"

Charles, did you get a chance to run a box test or check the elevation tracking?

Kurt, I only just sighted in. I just got some new glasses this afternoon. My close vision had deteriorated over time in the 5 years since I had cataract surgery in my right eye. Because of this, I have been just sighting in and shooting a few groups (poorly) for practice. I have not been able to resolve enough detail at 100 yards through the scopes to properly evaluate them.

Now with new glasses, I am ready to shoot the box and get serious with that scope. I will post results soon.

Back