Zeiss Customer Service ?

Powerstroke

Handloader
Feb 24, 2006
Has anyone had dealings with Zeiss Customer Serivce ?

I had purchased a 6.5 x 20 with their varmint reticle say around June or so. Decision was made due to their
$150.00 rebate at the time, and I really like their reticle. This currently sits atop my .300RUM.

With that said, I have yet to recieve the rebate. In their defense, they have a tracking number / sysytem
that stated it had been sent out in July.

Fast forward to e-mail corespondence with one of their representatives stating to give them 2 to 3 business days to look into it. ( Yep Citi is the issueing rebate company ) I was assured not to worry, I would one way or another recive the rebate.

I have yet to hear back from anyone - over 2 months later ! I have sent e-mail to about every e-mail account I can possible find. Some with auto replies stating how seriously they take their customer serivce and a Rep will be in contact "again" within 2 to 3 business days.

That has now been two weeks ago and NO RESPONSE !

Yes I know - pick up the phone and call - of which I have done several times and have been placed one hold or in que.
My job hours / location make it extremely difficult to make those normal daytime business hour calls.

Long and short - Zeiss produces a great piece of glass ! However -- thinking I really need to remove it from the RUM however - looks like if there was a potential issue it may take a day or two to get it resolved ??

I could have sent every Leupold in my safe off for a reticle change one at a time and had them all back before I can receive a single "hello"

I have twice sent scopes back for refurbishing; however, they were each Diavaris and not Conquest scopes. The service was excellent. Even though the scopes had to pass through the border and back, the turnaround was in less than a month. It really sounds as if you have somehow fallen through the cracks. However, that does not do much to create confidence in a company.

I did make it a point today to call and wait to talk to a Customer Service Rep. He stated on Dec. 3rd
it had been re-submitted for approval, so there was action taken to my last e-mail. I have just not received
any confirmation that they are on it.
Basically with it being re-submitted, I'm back to where I was in October with them. They will speak with the issueing
credit agency etc etc - ensure the initial check / card had not been used and then re-issue another.
I'm speculating the end of January -

From a business world perspective, the last two weeks of Dec are tough with the holidays, vacation, etc.
I am thinking you will get some action after the new year. Good luck buddy.

JD338

I'd make excuses and say that it is because of Christmas, but that is pretty unsatisfying.

I understand that - I work for a Global Co. and our building has been pretty empty the
entire month of Dec -

Thats pretty bad customer service. Holiday or not, someone should have the curtisy to at least give you some kind of an update.
Brings back memories of the nightmare I had with Burris. As I have stated before, their customer service sucks!

JD338

At least if it was Burris I was dealing with, I could take a 20min drive to their front door ...... :lol:

I believe it was on Steve's Outdoor Adventures I heard that Burris purchased Steiner ?? :?:

powerstroke, I know exactly how you feel. way back in the beginning of December I purchased a pair of Zeiss victory compact binoculars from Cabelas. Included was a $100.00 rebate. The rebate was the reason I made the purchase. I could have just as easily purchased the Leica or Swarovski compacts. I even opted for the fast refund and paid the extra nine dollars. I went through the same tracking system and ran into a brick wall. I called Cabelas and let them know what was going on as they had advertised the rebate. I haven't had any luck speaking with Zeiss. My next option was to write a letter to the powers that be at Zeiss. I realize that my wait hasn't been nearly as long as yours but it is frustrating. Kind of turns you off in dealing with Zeiss.

Same here. Everytime I think about straying, I think of customer service and that keeps me around Leupold. Although, I would like to try an expensive Euro type scope, I haven't found anything I can't kill with Leupold yet. Scotty

I find it disturbing to read these comments about Zeiss service. I've had occasion twice to avail myself of Zeiss service during the past five years. Both times were positive for me. On the other hand, recently I've been buying more Leupold and Swarovski optics for my rifles. As an aside, I've never had to use service from either of these companies, though I am aware of people that have had to call on Leupold. Man, I'd think that Zeiss would want to maintain their name. It can't be good to have their service discussed in this manner within the shooting fraternity.

powerstroke, low and behold, there is light at the end of the tunnel. After writing on the forum I went home from work and in the mailbox was my rebate envelope. I guess the wheels are turning, however somewhat slow. :p

POP":glrtili8 said:
I love Leupold when it comes to stuff like that.

Yep, that's a 20 minute drive for me... at least when I'm home.

All I have asked for is just a confirmation that someone is looking into it. When they state we'll get back to you within three days, I expect someone to get back to me.
The disturbing part is I reallly like the Zeiss Glass - I'd highly recommend it and would even purchase another one short of the terrible service.

Unfortunately for them I made a trip to Cabela's yesterday & purchaed a new Leupy Mark AR 6X18 for my .223. :grin:

Sorry to hear that you are still waiting on to back from Zeiss "Customer Service". Congratulations on the new Leupold. I am sure it will meet your expectations. Good piece of mind knowing that IF you need customer service from Leupold, you will be "serviced" promptly.

Good luck with Zeiss.

JD338

Thanks Jim - Been too darn cold around here to get out and try the new Leupy. I keep looking out the window with
it, and starting to like the Mil-dots more and more. Two more scopes and all my guns will be covered - guess that means it's time for more guns eh ? :grin:

Back