Zeiss Durlyt/ Conquest DL

A

Anonymous

I've been looking at these for a while now...

Anybody snag one that can give me the low down? I'm currently playing hokey-pokey with my rifles and scopes and I'm one short....that 2-8x42 would look pretty nice on my Nosler.

I've never spent a whole bunch on alpha rifle glass- VX3 and a Zeiss Conquest is pretty much the upper ceiling and have always done a great job.

Being part of the Conquest line, you have a pretty good idea what you're getting with a Duralyte. Would you be looking at the illuminated or non-illuminated? I have to admit that I'm becoming somewhat enamoured with illuminated reticles. I've looked at them, but never sprung for one yet.

DrMike":2igaaeus said:
Being part of the Conquest line, you have a pretty good idea what you're getting with a Duralyte. Would you be looking at the illuminated or non-illuminated? I have to admit that I'm becoming somewhat enamoured with illuminated reticles. I've looked at them, but never sprung for one yet.

I'm thinking the non-illuminated based solely on cost, although I admit the gear nerd in me likes the thought of the dot. I would have to think the light transmission at 2x with a 30mm tube and 42mm objective would have to be stunning.

Since almost all of our hunting is in Aug/Sept on open tundra, low light shooting isn't something I really do. I can surely see the appeal once you get into heavy timber though.

I've been nothing but happy with my 3-9x Conquest and my Dialyt spotting scope...I'd probably be pretty happy with one of these.

Back