Notice: This site is not mobile friendly, we recommend you download tapatalk for a mobile friendly experience of our forum.

It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:58 am

Shop Nosler

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Africa or Texas or Florida
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:56 am 

Thanks John.

Dan, look forward to seeing you again and meeting Nettie.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Africa or Texas or Florida
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:56 am 

Blkram wrote:
Tough questions, and I do not know all of the rules in Africa, in other Canadian provinces or the States.

1) In Africa I do know that if you draw blood, you pay for the trophy regardless if the animal is not recovered (a rule I believe should be practiced here, or at least the tag cancelled). I believe that the PH will follow up on a poorly hit animal whenever they deem it necessary. I would rather the PH finish off a poorly hit animal and reduce its' suffering or chance of escaping to a slow, prolonged death vs my ability to brag about a bow kill. Perhaps April or Jamilla would be able to answer this question better.

2) Here in BC, if you wound an animal with a bow during an archery only season, you must make all reasonable effort to recover the animal, and finish it with the bow: no firearms allowed. If during a regular season, where any weapon is allowed, then a firearm could be used to finish off the archery wounded animal.

3)I have heard this statement, but have neither seen or been provided any factual data to support the claim. I do know that there are animals that are wounded and lost every year by both rifle and archery hunters. With the current fad of long range hunting, I would not be surprised if this claim is swinging towards the rifle hunters. Local game wardens report finding more found dead animals (from bullet wounds) in the region, but are unable to determine exactly where the animal was shot from and whether or not they were actually shot in the location they were found in. Many people do not take the time to make all reasonable efforts to recover their game or even look to see if they actually hit the animal.
Sorry to hijack this thread, but I have a question...
Here in Germany, we MUST trail wounded game with a trained dog who has passed several tests.
I read that trailling is illigal in some states, though it would definetly help finding game.
I helped on bloidtrails on wounded hogs that went on for several miles.
I know you have excelent bloodhounds, too.
Just don't understand why it is not common practice, as it reduces suffering and puts more meat in the freezer...

A friend of mine sells 'Teckel' to the US on a regular basis.
They are small enough to carry in a backpack, but good on the trail if terrain is not too steep...

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Moderators: JD338, NOSLER, FOTIS, NoslerV, Nosler4 Go to page Previous  1, 2