30-06 Video & Article by Ultimate Reloader

What Guy didn't say in the first post is that he is the guest on this video, Well done by both of you Guy.

Great video extolling a rifle that may be prone to being underrated. Armed with a 30-06, an individual is well-equipped to tackle about any game in NA, or perhaps in the world.

Thanks all! Gavin is a mechanical engineer, and meticulous in his work. I'm included 'cause every show needs a knuckle dragger I guess. Naw - he knew that I'd used the 30-06 a lot the past few years and wanted that in the video.

That "bench" we were shooting from was Gavin's frozen picnic table. We should have set up an actual rest for the rifles. The were bouncing off the frozen wood surface with every shot!

Most of his other rifles are heavier, with less recoil, and don't bounce around on the table so much... I'm glad we had a nice little gong out there at 100 yard to shoot at. He's got targets to 1,000 yards on his property!

Some other time, some other rifle.

As with the handgun video earlier - it was a lot of fun working with him. Great guy!

Guy

Nicely done Guy! Very informative and put together well.

JD338

Nicely done Guy....... Just old fashioned great info on how versatile the 30/06 cartridge is.

That was a great video. I've just discovered his channel this year and I'm really enjoying it.

Corey

Thanks all. Gavin and I are pretty impressed with the Starline 30-06 brass so far.

I haven't tried loading it over and over to see how long before the primer holes enlarge too much, or if there are any other issues. First time through with the brass though, it looks good.

Guy

I was off the board for long enough that there are way too many posts for me to catch up on, but glad I took the time to watch this. Pretty informative on different fronts. Impressed with the stats on that Starline brass.

I've had good results starting out with once fired factory brass, particularly Remington. But when it comes to buying current new bags of factory brass...…..lets just say some of the other American companies could take a lesson from Starline based on the +/- results of measurements and weights.

Back