Bulls Bag X7 System

JD338

Range Officer
Staff member
Nov 4, 2004
I called Bulls Bag Friday but they were closed, didn't leave a message.
Saturday early afternoon I recieved a call from Marshall Hill, the President of Bulls Bag asking if there was something I needed or if he could answer any questions. I thought, WOW, here is a man that cares about the customer.
We had quite the chat and he walked me through his web site. He explained that barrel harmonics are affected by a shooting rest which really got me to thinking.
I bought their newest shooting rest, called the X7 System. It is made up of 7 components. This modular concept allows the shooter to create the perfect gun rest for his shooting needs. These bags are of very high quality and filled with kitty litter. The entire X7 system weighs 32 lbs.
I put a rifle into the patanted 10" Vice Grip bag and spread out the base bags. This locked the gun into the bags and it was rock solid.
IMG_07801.jpg

IMG_07821.jpg

IMG_07811.jpg

All Bulls Bags come with a life time warranty.
http://www.bullsbag.com/
Tomorrow I will head out to the range and try out my new X7 System.

JD338

I went out to the range to try the X7 System this evening.
All I can say is WOW! I set up the 338 RUM on the bag and took the first fouling shot. What I noticed was the reduced felt recoil. The big 300 gr AB's at 2675 fps felt like a 30-06. Keep in mind that I also have a Williams brake on the rifle. I am thinking I just might be able to get back on target through the scope shooting 800 yds.

I fired three more shots, letting the barrel cool inbetween and shot a group just over .5", with the 3rd and 4th shots making a nice little figure eight. The real test will come Saturday when I shoot 800 yds and fill some crop damage tags.
From what I have seen so far, this X7 System is a winner.

JD338

Now, you cut that out, Jim. Otherwise, I'll have to order one of those systems.

DrMike":1ys3andl said:
Now, you cut that out, Jim. Otherwise, I'll have to order one of those systems.

They sell Int'l. :wink:
Mike, this is an excellent product.

JD338

Just finished placing my order for the X7 system 8). I have lots of range work ahead of me so I hope this will make it easier.
Their guarantee seems to be tight as well :)
Thanks Jim for the information I have been trying to find something to replace my leadsled after hearing some of the report on them :(

Blessings,
Dan

That is great info Jim.. I will have to get on this. Only a few more weeks till I will be working with the bolt guns again!

Jim thanks for the report. I too may have to order one as it looks like quite the steady shooting platform.

Bill

Just ordered my X7 Bulls Bag and hope to have it sometime next week. Talked to Marshall for about 15 minutes about the bags and what a great guy to do business with.

Brian,

Yes, Marshall is indeed a great fella.
You are going to be happy with the X7 System.
Let us know what you think once you get it.

JD338

I can hardly wait to get home so I can try mine out...I only got the 10" field bag though...its been there at home for a week or two but I won't be there until the end of the month.

I gave the X7 System a try at 800 yds. Worked like a champ!
I was even able to get back on the target after recoil. My buddy also tried it with his custom McMillan30-378 Wby and was dead on at 800 yds. He let a young fella shoot it once and his shot hit 1" low of dead center!

I am really loving this new bag system, it is working well.

JD338

Hi JD, what did you fill the bags with?
Need a few options as I hope mine is here with in the next 2 weeks.

Blessings,
Dan

sask boy":o1vjredj said:
Hi JD, what did you fill the bags with?
Need a few options as I hope mine is here with in the next 2 weeks.

Blessings,
Dan

Hi Dad,

Congratulations on your purchase. You are going to be very pleased.
I bought mine pre filled. Marshall Hill told me they they use Preina Kitty Litter. Fill half the bag, shake it to settle and then fill up the rest using a pvc rod to packit in in.

Let us know how the process goes as well as how the Bulls Bag works.

JD338

sask boy":34zrtblf said:
Thanks Son :wink: :mrgreen:

Blessings,
Dan

Wow, sorry Dan. That was a mega typo! :oops:

JD338

Back