Friend takes a nice SD Pronghorn

cloverleaf

Handloader
Sep 10, 2006
Just got off the phone with a long time friend who took the nice Pronghorn near the Harding/Butte county line in SD that you see below. His typical load for this type of thing is a 125 Gr BT. For whatever reason this one was taken w/ a 160 Gr. Sierra (I think). 250-300 Yards. Measurements so far were 11 inches to the start of the curl. The curl is yet to come.... my guess is 14+. Nice public land buck for this part of the world! So much fun to get the details of the hunt and share memories of hunts and adventures from the past. :) We talked for a couple of hours... :) Thanks Kevin!! CL

Attachments

• KM Goat 2017.jpg
    KM Goat 2017.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 610
Excellent! Looks like a very nice buck and a happy hunter. What caliber rifle, Troy?

Just got off the phone with a long time friend who took the nice Pronghorn near the Harding/Butte county line in SD that you see below. His typical load for this type of thing is a 125 Gr BT. For whatever reason this one was taken w/ a 160 Gr. Sierra (I think). 250-300 Yards. Measurements so far were 11 inches to the start of the curl. The curl is yet to come.... my guess is 14+. Nice public land buck for this part of the world! So much fun to get the details of the hunt and share memories of hunts and adventures from the past. :) We talked for a couple of hours... :) Thanks Kevin!! CL
[/quote] (y)

A very nice Antelope buck :wink: .
Thank you for the post and photos Troy (y).

Blessings,
Dan

AFG270":25az6cor said:
Excellent! Looks like a very nice buck and a happy hunter. What caliber rifle, Troy?

300 Win Mag. He's Been toting that rifle for years. Also shoots competitively with a "Dasher" and a "BR"at 600 and 1000 yds. Gets more practice than me for sure. CL

Back