Pheasants on my mind...

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
My son and I will take Maverick out later this morning to see about hunting up some pheasants:

v7guvSgh.jpg

Stopped two days ago at a friends to go chucker hunting, started off with a point on the back porch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know, a Golden would have gone around the railing[emoji2]

That's a great shot of the birds, Guy.

Cute shot of the girls on point from the back porch, SC.

Yeah, pheasant can sure get in your blood. Had some good hunts in KS as a boy. Sure not many pheasant up here.

My son with the four birds we got today. We missed one. Four times! Still laughing.
xqQFrjPh.jpg

Young Maverick is turning into a pretty good hunter! Sorry, no dog photos today. Shame because he worked a lot harder than either of us!

Congratulations on a great hunt... just when you run a string of 4 birds 4 shot, you get that one that everyone empties their gun and it’s laughing at ya the whole time as it flies...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mjcmichigan":5vssxj8g said:
Congratulations on a great hunt... just when you run a string of 4 birds 4 shot, you get that one that everyone empties their gun and it’s laughing at ya the whole time as it flies...

We decided that the rooster who escaped has great things to do in the pheasant world and deserved to live after each double barrel was emptied and it just kept right on flying... :)

Guy

Lol...we did a farm day. 3 of us, put 20 birds in the field, flushed 19 took 19, but one hen laughed at us pretty hard. My son missed three times with his beretta, he was the middle shooter, the bird broke center left, Hal, a crack, shot missed 2 times.. 0 for 5, we saw where she landed and when we got to 18: we sent back for her... my son, again 0-3, Hal again 0-2, I missed on my first, but took her with me last she’ took us to ...1-12. Re the missing 20th bird, spotted it on the drive out... was on the next farm overs front lawn... was a great trip. The guide was kind to us. We rarely took a second shot that day, and we were very safety minded, which the guide liked...evidently rudeness, lack of muzzle awareness, and not knowing how to work their own gun.. is something a guide sees but rarely comments. I probably would not be a guide for long.

I am so glad that ol' Clark came into our lives, seven years or so ago. We didn't get enough time with him before he passed, but that dog rekindled my interest in bird hunting. He's gone now, but Maverick is coming along nicely.

Clark:
1BVdd9Kh.jpg

Maverick:
i2fUTn2h.jpg

A dog, a shotgun, some hills to walk... Happiness!

Guy

That is a beautiful shot of Maverick. He is a handsome dog. As for Clark, dogs are given to us for a brief time to ensure that our life is filled with joy. And it would appear that Clark fulfilled that role wonderfully.

Yes he is. Guy, that dog loves you. Atleast when you take him hunting..

Back