It's gotten so easy...

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
It's gotten so easy for me to find these guys. I can tell the different rams apart, I can usually get within 50 yards of them. Honestly, I don't know if I want to hunt them with a rifle anymore. Maybe the camera is just fine.

wrxRRDLh.jpg

Guy

Beautiful picture of a noble beast.
Well done Guy.

JD338

I understand your sentiments, I’ve become that way with the great bears. I still love the hunt stories but I think I don’t need to shoot anymore. Well I hope not anyway!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What a nice, peaceful looking photo. Thansk as always for sharing your talent and opportunity. CL
PS- that "green stuff" in the foreground looks good too.

Thank You for sharing these great pictures Guy... They look very at ease in their pose. Are they likely to survive the coming season in this sanctuary or wander off into dangerous territory and be hunted?

Great picture of some fine looking animals. JD's description of noble beasts is pretty spot on.

Yes like you I just enjoy seeing wildlife. Although when it's hunting season, it's game on.

Great pics guy, and I share your sentiments. I grew up around bighorn sheep, and have absolutely no desire to shoot one. The older I get, the more I respect these sentinels of the Wild. I don’t know that I’ll ever shoot another bull elk.... or bonk a wild salmon either. Now, don’t get me wrong.... I’ll still shoot cows and give hatchery fish the “wood shampoo”.... because both are plentiful... and really tasty.

Rol_P":2ifa2rxk said:
Thank You for sharing these great pictures Guy... They look very at ease in their pose. Are they likely to survive the coming season in this sanctuary or wander off into dangerous territory and be hunted?

Oh, there's only one tag avail every year for this herd. Literally 5,000+ hunters apply for it. Might have been 7,000 last year. I've been applying for many years and have little hope of ever drawing the tag.

Ya, these fellows wander. Can't be hunted where they are in that photo - it's actually private property on which I got permission to trespass for the photos. But - not far away is a huge chunk of public land where they're hunted. By one fellow, for one ram, every year.

Whoever draws the tag has lots of nice ones to choose from. :)

y8dVnKTh.jpg

Back