1911 Instructor's Course

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Have been a law enforcement firearms instructor for 10 years, and have been carrying a 1911/.45 of one kind or another for 27 years. For the past ten years, I've been carrying the first Kimber I ever saw... Traded a fine elk rifle for it back in 1997, the first year of Kimber production. It's well worn now with tens of thousands of rounds through it.

Today I spent 8 absolutely outstanding hours at a 1911 Instructor's Course run by Jeff Hall of Force Options. http://www.forceoptions.net

This was the single best day of fireams training I've ever had - including SWAT, law enforcement, Sniper school, and anything the Marines had... I don't know how to emphasize it more than that. Hall is one of those few guys who have really "Been there and Done that." He is a true master of the combat handgun. We married up some martial arts techniques with our shooting today for a superb day of instruction. I learned some new stuff, good stuff, wore myself out and went through 500 rounds of 230 grain hardball! :grin: It was a good day.

Edited to add - two more fine classes last week, one was from the great guys with the Sure Fire Institute. Went through 400+ rounds that day. The other was from an outfit called Omega Options. We went through 500 rds each in one day of firing/training. An excellent course for anyone using the handgun for self defense or any kind of "action" shooting sports. Nine hundred plus rounds through the Kimber in one week. Not a single bobble. No failures to feed, extract or anything else. Did clean it between the 400 round and the 500 round days. Except for the Heinie sights, it's a stock gun. The instructors and I were both impressed with the accuracy of the Kimber.

Semper Fi, Guy

I would love to part take in something like this.

Come on out and I'll run you through a day like that! :grin:

Jeff Hall is a great instructor. I was able to go through his finish the fight a few years back a WASLEFIA conference in Yakima. I wish I had him going through my basic handgun instructor class in Spokane. Our last instructor had him teaching and I was bummed, oh well.

Corey

Roger that. Jeff's about as good as any instructor I've ever seen.

Semper Fi, Guy

Back