M48 liberty

Did yours shoot well with the bedding messed up or did it shoot well

It shot fine the whole time... It was just an unsightly blemish in the bedding compound right there at the recoil lug.

I'm quite sure it would have shot fine for the rest of my hunting days even if I had left it like it was.... But the guys there at Nosler actually talked me into sending it back so they could fix it.

That rifle is a consistent .5 - .75 MOA shooter. It doesn't care what bullets you feed it. I have tried several different loads and bullets just for the sake of trying them... So far, I haven't been able to make it shoot a group over .75 MOA.

It has another slight blemish that I only recently noticed...a little bit of a burr in the chamber.... I didn't notice it until I started reusing my brass, noticed the mark it leaves on the case while I was inspecting them prior to prepping.

Doesn't seem to be hurting anything though.... Shoots good, no extraction problems.

I've decided it'll make it easier to tell how many times a piece of brass has been fired.

Ridgerunner665 said "I've decided it'll make it easier to tell how many times a piece of brass has been fired." I like that thought! You might be onto something right there. :grin: Or you can load them so they align the same every time - which some of the benchrest crowd do anyway, I understand.
EE2

Well Derek, I hope you get it sorted out. As you have no previous experience returning a rifle to Nosler, I would hope you follow up on that - instead of assuming the negative. The advice from the most knowledgeable people on here has been to let them work on it. Like to know what you decide.

EE2

I will let you know im waiting for some factory ammo from them to try if it does not shoot i will be sending it back for them to look at.

Hopefully, you've communicated with Nosler, assuring them that the problem was not with the rifle after all.

Back