Kimber lightweight hunters

remingtonman_25_06

Handloader
Nov 17, 2005
Im looking at getting a couple of these rifles, one in a 7-08 for my gf and a 280 AI for myself. I have 2 questions, one is what does the FDE mean? Found a couple rifles online and they have that nomenclature. Second, what's the OAL on the mag box for the 280 AI? These appear to be a pretty good deal for a lightweight rifle. Can be had for like $750. Topped with a leupold variable looking at around an 8lb rifle which for me is pretty damn light to what Im use to packing with sendero type and heavier rifles.

FDE stands for Flat Dark Earth. This is in reference to the stock color. These are a standard barrel and action in an ADL style stock, blind mag ie no bottom metal and the trigger guard molded into the stock.

Thanks for the info. Figured out the FDE about 20 min later and more research. I believe these have a clip magazine, either way I dont really mind.

They are the same barreled action as the Kimber Montana rifle, but with a cheaper stock and detachable mag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I handled one of them awhile back in 308 I believe. It was very light, would make a nice hunting rifle.

I was less than impressed with the plastic stock. The original Montana stock is much better

Yes the wood stock is very much nicer. I did think the hunter stock was much better than the Ruger American stock though.

Back