6.5 CM PSA AR10

SJB358

Ballistician
Dec 24, 2006
This AR is fairly new and I’ve never had my own AR10 but I can see this one being a lot of fun. Might need to spring for a trigger but it isn’t horrible but it pretty heavy. I don’t mind the 2 stage pull and actually prefer it on ARs..

Anyhow just a 6x SS MQ on this one and since I haven’t really ran it out I grabbed two random boxes of ammo, some green and yellow box Remington 140 CoreLokts and some Hornady American Whitetail 129 Interlocks.

The 140’s shot pretty nice but functioned like crap, the Hornady was opposite, functioned great but shot like crap. Oh well, I’m pretty sure the gun will shoot.

Remingtons

Hornady

Anybody else having some fun with the AR10’s?

I had one of the PSA 308s. It was a solid 1.5 MOA shooter. I put a giesselle SD-C trigger in mine. What function problems are you having.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is just cool, Scotty. Wouldn't mind using an AR10 if they were readily accessible up here.

Thebear_78":35rknoev said:
I had one of the PSA 308s. It was a solid 1.5 MOA shooter. I put a giesselle SD-C trigger in mine. What function problems are you having.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Remington stuff was double feeding enough that it was annoying me. The Hornady ammo ran like a sewing machine and not a hint of trashing my brass. It does have an adjustable gas block but I didn’t wanna mess with it until I start working up some loads for it.

I was kinda surprised the Remington was operating weird since it was chrinographing 2700 on the nose so it wasn’t exactly weak.. who knows, I’m not a big green fan but that is what they had.

Neat chambering for an AR10...Double feed issue is strange indeed...90% of the it's the magazine, but since one brand fed well I wouldn't blame the mag. Sometimes it's a faulty extractor, but there again one brand worked well..I'd bet you can dial it into submission with the gas block..FWIW, in my 308 AR10, it doesn't like powders with faster burn rates, or I'll feeding issues even with the gas block full open.

hunter24605":10bgra7g said:
Neat chambering for an AR10...Double feed issue is strange indeed...90% of the it's the magazine, but since one brand fed well I wouldn't blame the mag. Sometimes it's a faulty extractor, but there again one brand worked well..I'd bet you can dial it into submission with the gas block..FWIW, in my 308 AR10, it doesn't like powders with faster burn rates, or I'll feeding issues even with the gas block full open.

I just got some 139 Scenars and will work up a load and then tune the gas block if needed. I’m thinking if I can get those 139’s to 2700 I’ll have something.

I bought one of the Smith and Wesson M&P10 Performance Center guns and have been extremely happy with it in the limited shooting I've done with it so far. I topped it with a Bushnell AR scope with the holdover reticle for the Creedmoor round. However, I don't use the dots, I dial up the range I want.

It shot the best group of my life at 100 yds with my handloads, .074, using a bipod and a bag. 142 Sierra MK's over 43 grs of RL-16. However, it's a little warm for that particular rifle because I was getting some slight ejector marks.

Functioning has been flawless.

Ron

That’s good to hear Ron. I just picked up a new Trigger for mine today so as soon as I get it swapped in I’ll start some load work. Planning to start with RL17 and the 139 Scenars.

Loaded a Hornady case with a 139 Scenar at 2.825 and checked it with 40 grains of RL17...

Clocked 2776, so I loaded up 18 rounds and took it to the range.

I am getting a random flier but I’m thinking it is the final shot when it goes to bolt lock. Haven’t proved it enough but not too bad for its first load outta the gate.

Back