My first Weatherby

Slimfinn

Handloader
Nov 28, 2018
Saw this at a local shop and couldn't pass it up, I've always wanted one since i saw a buddy's dads back in high school, its a little rough but but the price was fair. Took it to the range this morning and it shoots very nice but doesn't stay open for the single shot function, just semiauto in both positions. Im going to take her all the way down and see what i can see. When i cycle it by hand it works as it should just not with live ammo, Any ideas?

Attachments

• 15716033890877279041076065481239.jpg
    15716033890877279041076065481239.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 543
Not a darned clue but it’s a sharp little rifle. Congrats on the new rifle.

Sorry, no ideas here. Liking weatherbys from a distance... someday...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well there wasn't anything broken or missing, maybe a tired spring or worn catch but they didn't look bad. its cleaned and oiled so we'll see next time out.

Nope- don't know what it might be, but do like that rifle. Got asked to leave a Gander Mt one Sunday afternoon when a guy brought in a Weatherby .22 into my local store to sell. The clown behind the counter offered him $80. I piped up from behind the guy and told him I didn't have the money but if I did I'd give him twice that in the parking lot. Ticked me off....they asked me to leave. I did so gladly. I need to learn to keep my mouth shut. Anyway nice rifle...hope you get it figured out. A classic there for sure and a good scope too. CL

Old friend of mine uses one of those on his ranch for all sorts of vermin. I have no idea how many thousands of rounds he must have put through that little 22 over the decades... Great little gun!

Good luck with yours.

Guy

Back