First range trip Sauer 100 XT 9.3x62

Cleveland48

Handloader
Jul 28, 2015
Here is a picture of the ammo.
00ae9c6b270d56c338359eba6f9e6a30.jpg

Well somehow I deleted the post on accident. Norma 230 grain ecostrike, 2623 fps SD of 5 fps. Only shot two groups after sight it but both sub moa. Very happy with the new rifle, and performance of the Norma PH factory loads. Now just see how these all copper slugs work on deer in this caliber.
c2b47e547f3612ad1e0c31fdacf91642.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Well, the evidence provided gives ample support to your enthusiasm for that rifle and load. Fine riflery.

DrMike":2yup0j6c said:
Well, the evidence provided gives ample support to your enthusiasm for that rifle and load. Fine riflery.
Thanks DrMike I'd be lying if I said I wasnt happy lol. The gun is 6.75 lbs without scope. Not sure weight with scope, but it's really light. Stock must be designed really well cause recoil is not bad at all. I ended up shooting 20 rounds today due to going the wrong way with scope adj lol, and chronographing. Wasnt really sore at all. I did shoot my old mauser 9.3x62 three times with 286 gr at 2500 fps. Was considerable difference in recoil lol.

Nice group with that Ecostrike bullet!

I too find the recoil to be substantially less with the 250gr AB ammo vs the 285gr ammo in my rifle.
My rifle probably weighs in at 8 1/2 lbs with the Optilock 30mm low rings and bases and the Kahles 1.5-6x42 scope. Really like how it shoots! 0.512" for 3 shots at 100 yards with that Nosler 250gr AB ammo!

Blkram":21ldie77 said:
Nice group with that Ecostrike bullet!

I too find the recoil to be substantially less with the 250gr AB ammo vs the 285gr ammo in my rifle.
My rifle probably weighs in at 8 1/2 lbs with the Optilock 30mm low rings and bases and the Kahles 1.5-6x42 scope. Really like how it shoots! 0.512" for 3 shots at 100 yards with that Nosler 250gr AB ammo!
Yeah noticeable difference from the 286 grain loads. This is first time I've tried any loads below 286 grains in this caliber also. I bought this rifle and ordered the two boxes of norma ammo for sighting in, and good brass. Was gonna load the 250 AB, and already had some redding dies in the cart at midway usa lol. Believe I'll hold off and finish this deer season with this factory load. After season ends on Jan 31, I'll start trying out some 250 AB loads though. Which rifle did you get in 9.3x62? I remember when you got it, was it a sako or a ruger? I csnt remember.

Nice shooting! That's an impressive looking round, and also a couple of impressive groups.

Good deal.

Guy

Guy Miner":1iovix4e said:
Nice shooting! That's an impressive looking round, and also a couple of impressive groups.

Good deal.

Guy
Thanks Guy!

That looks really nice and that gun is going to shoot. If you get the chance maybe you could do a bullet test with that bullet since they are relatively new. If you can't that's fine of course, hopefully you will be able to field test them still on a deer soon!

gerry":uc5xgblr said:
That looks really nice and that gun is going to shoot. If you get the chance maybe you could do a bullet test with that bullet since they are relatively new. If you can't that's fine of course, hopefully you will be able to field test them still on a deer soon!
I will try and round up some jugs and do a test. Always wanted to do one anyways lol. Would 50 or 100 yards be better? I know I've watched them before on you tube and they are like point blank almost. Kinda like to see what they do at average range.

Didnt even realize I forgot a pic of the gun. That's my bad lol
a75bf35c539bb48089efc7695ef3ef1a.jpg

Not sure why my phone flips photos when adding them to tapatalk. It either flips them, or turns them sideways. Drives me crazy! And cant figure out the fix.

Well i fell in a cutover this morning while hunting. Bouncing myself and the rifle off some logs. So just to be sure I didnt loose zero, decided to check the sights anyway. 3 shots at 100 yards, right where I left it. Have to say I've always had good luck with leupold scopes and warne maxima steel rings and bases holding zero. Now if only my head felt that good after bouncing it off a brush top lol.
6943bcb9f49f8f4135c02664541d475b.jpg

Back