First range trip Sauer 100 XT 9.3x62

Hope the "Noggin'" is OK? That is some fearsome lookin round...and those groups. Yikes! Glad to hear the leupold is ok. Doin good!! (y)

PS- unless your deer are wearing armor plate, I think you're good! CL

cloverleaf":1l21sy1f said:
Hope the "Noggin'" is OK? That is some fearsome lookin round...and those groups. Yikes! Glad to hear the leupold is ok. Doin good!! (y)

PS- unless your deer are wearing armor plate, I think you're good! CL
Thanks cloverleaf. The noggin is ok, a bit sore but ok. I just worry the bullet might be a touch to hard for deer. Hopefully I'll find out

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Well finally was able to test out the bullet today. On a battered old 8 point, with some fighting scars and broke points. Shot was 50 yards or so facing me, hit in chest exited behind front shoulder. Went down hard but got one front leg back under him, the other was shattered. He made a mad dash through a thicket running down hill, so I was trying to stop him. Got off two more shots while he was running in the thicket, right through the guts with shot #3. Shot #2 took out a sapling. but it put him down for sure that time. He ran about 30 yards with blood trail starting after about 15 yards. Not sure why it didnt start sooner but there were chunks of lung hanging out the exit hole. Hard to see in photo, but entrance hole in chest around 3/4" and exit behind shoulder prolly 2" or so. Pretty happy so far with this load.
418d15cda913169d3556b239b8573160.jpg
3292cbb2430034259c75d4b1e0c270a1.jpg
5f354a7c3dd7122445c88aaa0ea019cf.jpg

Awesome, sounds like that bullet works well even on deer sized game. Congrats on a nice looking buck!

gerry":ihl8a365 said:
Awesome, sounds like that bullet works well even on deer sized game. Congrats on a nice looking buck!
Thanks gerry!

Dang! Congrats on the buck for one.

Thankfully you had enough rifle! Old buck took a hammering.

SJB358":3mv596wm said:
Dang! Congrats on the buck for one.

Thankfully you had enough rifle! Old buck took a hammering.
Thanks he had some fight in him. Caught me off guard when he got back up. My round nose load in my other 9.3 has never had one move after it was hit. Blood trail took a bit to start but when it did it was pouring out of him. Old boy didnt give up easily.
6fe33c4cbbab2066888a21f8ae05c3dc.jpg

Good looking buck. Yeah, you likely had enough gun. You done good.

Probably hard to beat those soft round noses for expansion and putting deer on their butts. The mono would probably penetrate a moose from nose to tail though.

tough old boy, is right. Amazing animals aren't they? At least you weren't "over gunned". :) She works...CL

SJB358":26b87jtt said:
Probably hard to beat those soft round noses for expansion and putting deer on their butts. The mono would probably penetrate a moose from nose to tail though.
Your prolly right. I'm in the process of saving up some milk jugs for a test now. Maybe I can catch one in the jugs and see how it looks.

cloverleaf":2d1fjqxa said:
tough old boy, is right. Amazing animals aren't they? At least you weren't "over gunned". :) She works...CL
It is amazing how tough some of them can be.

Was able to test out the 230 ecostrike this morning on wild hog. Centered left shoulder exited crease behind right shoulder. Was bang flop might of twitched once or twice. Really starting to like this load. Some chunks of heart laying on ground under the exit hole. Shot was about 35-40 yards max.
7308da6c4e32769b7013a858e3144fe4.jpg
c72360579823aab4078d35d871b78d74.jpg
d7e354f181929263178d70e6d9953e82.jpg

Dang phone still turning photos sideways.

Those look like awesome bullets, congrats on the hog. Norma sure does make a lot of excellent products.

Well, that bullet sure worked on that piggy. I agree with Gerry that Norma makes some fine products that are underrated here on this side of the pond.

Back