Something new

Slimfinn

Handloader
Nov 28, 2018
So decided it made sense to finally own a semiauto 223/556. Small town with a big gun shop about an hour from where I am had 6 mini 14s on the shelf. So i loaded up my girls fishing poles and paddleboards and went for a ride today. Ended up with this one and a 20round mag. Paddleboarding and fishing got rained out but it was a good day with the kids. Hopping to get out tomorrow morning and do some shooting.

Attachments

• 20200703_184011.jpg
    20200703_184011.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 814
  • 20200703_190057.jpg
    20200703_190057.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 814
That is a snazzy looking rifle... factory stock? I read that the new ones are pretty darn accurate too. Should be fun. CL

Ooooo! I´ve always liked the Ruger Mini 14's!

Hawk

Sent from my motorola one using Tapatalk

That'll work. I always thought the Mini 14 looked like the perfect modern day Ranch rifle.

cloverleaf":80nrgrfh said:
That is a snazzy looking rifle... factory stock? I read that the new ones are pretty darn accurate too. Should be fun. CL

Yes it is all factory, limited TALO addition, it also came with ruger rings and a rail so have a few options for optics but not worried about that yet just going to shoot the irons

Never owned one but they seem like cool little rifles. That one is dandy looking. Should be fun.

I was really interested in these rifles, but I got scared off by reviews about bad magazines sold by Ruger. Has anyone else heard anything negative about aftermarket mags? I ended up thinking an AK would be better, but then I found the M1 Carbine made by Auto Ordnance which is also interesting, I just don't know much about the .30 carbine round.

Back