Loose scope base

Thebear_78

Handloader
Sep 30, 2004
I got a chance to shoot my 300 today to see if it had shifted zero after my scope base had become loose. I removed the scope, tightened the base with lock tite and remounted the scope. I had figured doing so would have caused a zero shift and had passed a long shot while hunting fearing it would be off.

I guess I passed up that bull needlessly.
First 3 shots at 100 yards after tightening base.

bd0efa8c3251ea7c45fb1c84d148f6ae.jpg

Dialed up 1 mrad for 300 yards and shot this 3 shot group.

d5c8e3f5113257602414a19ee994271e.jpg

It’s nice to see that unlike my vx5 the nightforce 2.5-10 is doing exactly like it’s supposed to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. Had a friend freaking out because is sub MOA Savage 99f was shooting 6” at 50 the week before his bear hunt. Scope was a 50 year old tasco. Also, he could not tell me what year he last cleaned the barrel.

We put a new Redfield on it, cleaned the barrel, sighted it...shooting great again... and then he set it down and it slid down and landed on the scope... move poi about 3”.. his heart sank....three more shots and it walked back to the bull..so the new springs worked in the scope finding zero again...

He starts Monday. Will go up and run bait in Saturday...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This Seekins havak is the best production rifle I have ever shot. It just exceeds my expectations every time I take it out.
527f77a92e5b7395e24295e7dd349a07.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like your stock. Nothing like a well adjusted cheek riser to help you get the perfect shot off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your rifle/load combination definitely is putting the bullet into the right space to give you great confidence. Excellent riflery.

Back