My Divorce From Nosler

That’s pretty disappointing. For the same money you could get a Seekins havak. From what I’m seeing lately nosler isn’t doing that well. Maybe they should stick to bullets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thebear_78":1kzw3wwc said:
That’s pretty disappointing. For the same money you could get a Seekins havak. From what I’m seeing lately nosler isn’t doing that well. Maybe they should stick to bullets.

I've been stacking a little cash for a new build. I had though about another Nosler considering how well I've loved the one I've got.

I gotta say, that's probably not going to happen if I keep seeing these kinds of photos. At the price point these go for, there's no excuse to let that out the door.

I've heard of a couple of 6.5PRCs with feeding issues, I haven't heard of any other cartridges with issues.

My 300WM feeds cases like corn through a goose.
I have a m21 6.5prc that I sent back because it would not feed at all! It arrived on the 23rd and I was told 2 weeks. Contacted customer service 2 days ago for an update on progress and have not heard anything. $1,900 rifle and I can’t even use it. :(

I just got a M21 in 308 Winchester. There doesn't appear to be any feeding issues with it.

JD338

I just got a M21 in 308 Winchester. There doesn't appear to be any feeding issues with it.

JD338
From what I saw it looked like the receiver was not milled correctly. Also it’s a short action and 6.5 prc should really be a medium to long action to allow for the length. Barely any room in there. I’d bet $100 mine is not the only 6.5prc that has been sent back nor will be the last. It would have been a real simple check to see if it would feed before it left the factory.

Hopefully this gets to Nosler's management and doesn't end with Daniel. I believe I would be on the phone daily.

It took a couple days and a phone call but here is the email response I got. I still don’t understand how it got out the door and it sounds like it is all or multiple 6.5prc with the same problem.

Attachments

• D9B84133-CA97-4136-8B80-719CF4E01C5B.png
    D9B84133-CA97-4136-8B80-719CF4E01C5B.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 43
Fascinating. Appears they got surprised. Similar problems on a number of firearms cropped up with the 300 WSM was first released. I should expect that they are thoroughly embarrassed at the problem, which will ensure that they give it their full attention to get it right.

Fascinating. Appears they got surprised. Similar problems on a number of firearms cropped up with the 300 WSM was first released. I should expect that they are thoroughly embarrassed at the problem, which will ensure that they give it their full attention to get it right.
What’s interesting is I met a guy thru Instagram who has a 6.5 prc m21 and he has no feeding issues at all. Which tells me that it wasn’t a design flaw but it was a quality control issue. In other words someone is building them wrong.

Good point. As I say, someone should be thoroughly embarrassed for this to crop up.

What’s interesting is I met a guy thru Instagram who has a 6.5 prc m21 and he has no feeding issues at all. Which tells me that it wasn’t a design flaw but it was a quality control issue. In other words someone is building them wrong.
Well I jynxed myself... I'm the Instagram guy.. I was being an idiot and only loading two rounds (I've been shooting my 28 Nosler way too much) and when I put three in, that I just realized I hadn't been doing, I'm having the same issues and I just contacted Nosler. Now I get to go through the struggles and frustration too. My first rifle from Nosler. Might be my last one too, with the way they are handling this issue :(

Well I jynxed myself... I'm the Instagram guy.. I was being an idiot and only loading two rounds (I've been shooting my 28 Nosler way too much) and when I put three in, that I just realized I hadn't been doing, I'm having the same issues and I just contacted Nosler. Now I get to go through the struggles and frustration too. My first rifle from Nosler. Might be my last one too, with the way they are handling this issue :(

Ouch! This is becoming a fiasco of the company's own making.

This was my email to the head of customer service this am concerning the Model 21 6.5 prc feeding issues

David, I would like to know a couple things going forward please.

1. What exactly is wrong?
2. How did it happen?
3. What is the solution ?
4. What is the timeline to have it fixed?
5. Are refunds or a swap out an option?

Thanks!

Ouch! This is becoming a fiasco of the company's own making.
Man, you aren't kidding.

I was talking with a fella the other day about the PRC and how they could be horrible feeding cartridges. I have a Supergrade M70 6.5 PRC and it is SWEET. I'd be quite disheartened to get the M21 and have these issues. Especially since the Nosler's are more a semi-custom, at least in price. Hard to believe every rifle doesn't have a hand full of dummy rounds run through it before it gets boxed up. Seems like 10 minutes and 3 dummy rounds would have saved someone a whole lot of aggravation and money.

Man, you aren't kidding.

I was talking with a fella the other day about the PRC and how they could be horrible feeding cartridges. I have a Supergrade M70 6.5 PRC and it is SWEET. I'd be quite disheartened to get the M21 and have these issues. Especially since the Nosler's are more a semi-custom, at least in price. Hard to believe every rifle doesn't have a hand full of dummy rounds run through it before it gets boxed up. Seems like 10 minutes and 3 dummy rounds would have saved someone a whole lot of aggravation and money.
The bigger issue now is the lack of communication and a timeline of when it will be fixed. Also no offer of a refund or switching to another caliber.

The bigger issue now is the lack of communication and a timeline of when it will be fixed. Also no offer of a refund or switching to another caliber.
Yup, totally unacceptable. Should be an easy fix to come up with a solution to make a person not feel like they dumped a pile of money into a dumpster fire. I think what's missing nowadays is communication. Hate to say it, but if they can't respond or keep up they might have outrun their headlights.

After reading this I’m disheartened.

I had seriously considered one of their rifles at one point. To me they are showing symptoms of a couple of serious problems and I will have to consider something else for the time being.

I’ve been impressed with the few Tikka rifles I’ve shot.

Vince

I have a Tikka T3x in 6.5 PRC. So far, it has functioned 100% in all respects.

I'm not saying this to be a wise guy or rub salt in anyone's wound. Just sharing information.

Ron

Back