My Divorce From Nosler

But they did it. Should not have taken that long but they did it.

Bumped into a guy at my local gun store Tuesday, sales guy from Nosler. He said Nosler is running double shifts in most areas and looking to do more. Raw material is not an issue for them it’s mechanically inclined labor force they are short on to run the machinery. They could use more machinists to be sure but these are more entry level jobs in the trade. Nobody wants to work apparently.
I asked him about Paul’s rifle. He swore. Apparently everybody knows, said he hadn’t ever seen (mentioned a name I didn’t catch) so mad. Apparently this was mishandle from the start, those down the chain thought they could avoid falling on their sword kinda thing.
Didn’t really quiz him because it was clear he didn’t have first hand knowledge, now I read where the rifle is in the mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The rifle should include a few boxes of Nosler ammo just to show that even Nosler doesn't support how this was handled. It would be a nice gesture on their part.

Glad to hear that this has been finally resolved. I understand your frustration and I would have less patient than you. I hope you end up enjoying the rifle.

The rifle was tested yesterday and gave .7s with two different factory loads. It was shipped to my FFL today. They are sending quite a bit of ammo to my home address for my troubles.

salmonchaser":7qb93k6f said:
Bumped into a guy at my local gun store Tuesday, sales guy from Nosler. He said Nosler is running double shifts in most areas and looking to do more. Raw material is not an issue for them it’s mechanically inclined labor force they are short on to run the machinery. They could use more machinists to be sure but these are more entry level jobs in the trade. Nobody wants to work apparently.
I asked him about Paul’s rifle. He swore. Apparently everybody knows, said he hadn’t ever seen (mentioned a name I didn’t catch) so mad. Apparently this was mishandle from the start, those down the chain thought they could avoid falling on their sword kinda thing.
Didn’t really quiz him because it was clear he didn’t have first hand knowledge, now I read where the rifle is in the mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was entirely too easily avoidable for it to have unfolded the way it did. I don't know the exact problem, but something went wrong in the manufacturing. I don't know what kind of QC they have, but a good QC program may have trapped the error there. I am not very good with technology, but a simple spreadsheet with auto reminders would have precluded the communication errors.

People will be much more understanding if you follow through with communication. People would much rather hear an uncomfortable truth than to be led on. I hope whomever it was that was upset didn't just get mad, I hope they implemented a better system.

I am not much of a brand loyalist at all. Nosler has been my go-to bullet ever since I started reloading in 2007. I have probably said or typed "a Partition is never the wrong bullet over 100 times. I don't know when I discovered their component brass, but I found favor with it as well. Since they started making rifles, I had been wanting one. I became loyal to Nosler, and they lost me.

I'm glad to see them doing everything they can on the back end to make up for their colossal screw up on the front end. The fact that a sales guy "in the wild" knew of your situation, speaks volumes. I can't condone how they handled it, but it's obvious they're trying like hell to make up for it once the proper people were made aware.

Paul,

I happy to hear that your rifle is on its way back to you. It sounds like it will be a nice shooter. Nosler top management is certainly trying to make it right for you.
My wife just got her second Nosler rifle. She has a M48 Heritage in 280 AI and now a M48 Mountain Carbon in 30 Nosler. Both are excellent shooters. I hope you will enjoy your Nosler rifle.

JD338

The rifle is in layover somewhere due to weather. The ammo is due to arrive tomorrow. It may be a bit before I can shoot it.

This has been quite the nightmare for you, but at least it's being dealt with and you will soon have a working rifle back in your hands, fingers crossed!

But can someone clarify, who owns this site?
Nosler missed a trick by not posting on here at an early stage, now it's gone beyond that point hasn't it?

England":1bw8zrl4 said:
This has been quite the nightmare for you, but at least it's being dealt with and you will soon have a working rifle back in your hands, fingers crossed!

But can someone clarify, who owns this site?
Nosler missed a trick by not posting on here at an early stage, now it's gone beyond that point hasn't it?

This is Nosler's site. It's rarely a good idea for manufacturers to get involved in customer complaints on forums in an official capacity. It most often turns into a full on poo flinging fest that puts them in a no-win situation. Beyond that, I presented the details completely accurately and with sufficient detail for everyone to understand what happened, so they couldn't have really added anything to it.

They owned their mistakes and did their best to make it right by throwing in some goodwill for my troubles. That's about all they can do, unless there are internal measures they can implement to prevent the same thing from happening again.

I picked up the rifle from my FFL today. Given that I don't have any other 6 Creed hunting rifle options right now, I decided to keep it. I mounted a scope and will hopefully shoot it next weekend. I'll let you know how it works out.

Looks pretty nice Paul. Did you get the ammunition too?

JD338

JD338":1p5y2wd5 said:
Looks pretty nice Paul. Did you get the ammunition too?

JD338

It's been comical watching the delivery dates change, then the notices that it may be weather delayed. That's where we stand now, but it's making the trek. It had to make its way through the teeth of that nasty winter storm, so I understand.

As a truck driver that's been dealing with this weather across TX, OK, AR, IL, and IN for about 2 weeks now... all I can say is man we're trying to get stuff delivered, but the hits just keep coming.

Currently finding fuel is a problem.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Ridgerunner665":2hfkjmdq said:
As a truck driver that's been dealing with this weather across TX, OK, AR, IL, and IN for about 2 weeks now... all I can say is man we're trying to get stuff delivered, but the hits just keep coming.

Currently finding fuel is a problem.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Have you tried GunBroker? ;)

Back