Powder Valley

michsteve

Handloader
Aug 20, 2020
Just to let people know PV has had a lot of powders an primers last two days. Around noon today they actually had Winchester small rifle primers, it's the first Winchester primers I've seen for sale in two years. They right now have reloader 16, I see H4831 in 8 pound jugs they also had IMR 4895 earlier but out of stock as of now. A lot of Accurate and IMR powders showing up lately.

That's good news. The same shop I referenced about powder got in Winchester small pistol primers, so they must be starting to get some overflow. Good to hear. (y)

Also they had gotten in some Remington 9 1/2 last week, and it looked like another 5 bricks of them this week. So that's good news also that they're starting to show up. I don't use them but anything to ease pressure on the market. Limit of 2 packs, and $8 per pack at that shop, but at least they got some in.

Last couple of days I’ve been playing on break on PV website. Two days ago I had 3 brick of CCI 400s in my cart. Today I have 8lber of RL-23 in my cart. Couldn’t pull the trigger. I spent enough there a couple of weeks ago. I did notice the price are higher now too.
There is hope that more supplies are making their way onto the market now.

i signed up for "shootingbot" and there has been several alerts lately that they have primers in stock, but by the time I get pulled off somewhere, there sold out.

I've had powders in my cart a few times at powder valley, only to reach check out and was notified it was out of stock . I don't know how that happens when I played the check back in so many minutes game to be able to place it in my cart . maybe an over the counter sale at the store .

I've had powders in my cart a few times at powder valley, only to reach check out and was notified it was out of stock . I don't know how that happens when I played the check back in so many minutes game to be able to place it in my cart . maybe an over the counter sale at the store .
I got some primers Wednesday. I had the same thing happen to me. This has happened twice and what I did both times was resend the order a couple of times and it went through finally. It is weird as they let you put it in your basket and give you a limited time to checkout and when you do they then tell you out of stock and to remove that item and try to check out again. I just resend the same order a few times to see if it checks out and if you are lucky it will catch. This worked for me both times for primers I think some people get ready to check out and then change their mind because of the hazmat fee then they just click off the site so the item is then still available while waiting to leave their cart from time out expiration.

I got some primers Wednesday. I had the same thing happen to me. This has happened twice and what I did both times was resend the order a couple of times and it went through finally. It is weird as they let you put it in your basket and give you a limited time to checkout and when you do they then tell you out of stock and to remove that item and try to check out again. I just resend the same order a few times to see if it checks out and if you are lucky it will catch. This worked for me both times for primers I think some people get ready to check out and then change their mind because of the hazmat fee then they just click off the site so the item is then still available while waiting to leave their cart from time out expiration.

thanks for the tip , I'll try that next time .

Back