Where are all the Ballistic Tips?

Olevern

Beginner
Feb 14, 2020
Haven't seen Ballistic Tips bullets for sale for over a year. Are they all being sold to Federal for ammuition sales leaving us reloaders out in the cold?

I've been sheltering a lot of them in my loading room... ;)

20 cal, 6mm, 25 cal, and 30 cal... Not burning 'em up for practice right now, that's for sure!

Guy
I would like to know the same thing. I need more 115s for my 25-06

That's been a favorite mule deer combo for me, the 115 gr Nosler Ballistic Tip from my 25-06 rifle. Accurate, easy shooting and works GREAT on deer sized game.

Guy

20 cal, 6mm, 25 cal, and 30 cal... Not burning 'em up for practice right now, that's for sure!

Guy

That's been a favorite mule deer combo for me, the 115 gr Nosler Ballistic Tip from my 25-06 rifle. Accurate, easy shooting and works GREAT on deer sized game.

Guy
They're one of my favorite whitetail bullets over a max charge of IMR 4831. I have hundreds of the 100gr BTs that I inherited, but the 115s evade me.

They come available often, but disappear in a few minutes. I get shootingbot notifications a few times a week that the various calls/weights are in stock somewhere.

Guy

Guy
That's my go to bullet for the 257 Roberts as well.

JD338

My buddy has been looking for 7mm 160 Accubonds and .308 180 Accubonds for a looooooog time.

Personally, I'm interested in a 250ct box of 6mm 55gr BTs.

My buddy has been looking for 7mm 160 Accubonds and .308 180 Accubonds for a looooooog time.

Personally, I'm interested in a 250ct box of 6mm 55gr BTs.
Charlie,

I just got 3 bags of 308 180 gr AB over runs from SPS. These are the Winchester Lubalox coated red tip bullets.

JD338

They're on the first shelf down in my reloading room though I'm down to a couple thousand myself between all calibers....

Seriously though they pop up fairly often depending on what calber/weight you're looking for and if you're willing to pay the asking price. SPS has a couple options at the moment.

I'm beginning to feel like somebody doesn't want people who shoot big guns to have any bullets or primers for them.Seems like plenty available if you shoot a 5.56,22lr or pistols,but if you are shooting a cartridge in 7mm or 30cal and you want a Nosler bullet for it,you've been S.O.L. for a couple of years now.6.5's and now 270 since the 6.8 Westerner came out are more likely to be available,but the others have been limited or non-existent.I'm glad to have what I have and have it for the price I paid for it,but anything that I might find to buy now is going to cost me a bunch more.I'm going to shoot my 22lr's more and shoot my bigger guns a lot less just to conserve my primers,powders and bullets.This lack of availability has to be killing the retailers too.Kinda since less to buy a new rifle if you can't find or make ammo for it.

I use them for plinking. I have bullets I like better for hunting. Had a couple of bad experiences with the BT hunting with them on deer and pronghorns. Never any trouble with Nosler PAR, Barnes TTSX or LRX and the Swift bullets

Ive got a good many NBT's hiding out on my reloading bench. Here's part of the 7mm 150 gr NBT's I bought just before all this bullet "unobtanium" started. I started not to buy all of these that I did but I sure am glad I did now!

Attachments

• Nosler BT.jpg
    Nosler BT.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 11
Ive got a good many NBT's hiding out on my reloading bench. Here's part of the 7mm 150 gr NBT's I bought just before all this bullet "unobtanium" started. I started not to buy all of these that I did but I sure am glad I did now!
5yh7bw.png

Back