Which borescope

TackDriver284

Handloader
Feb 13, 2016
I'm looking to purchase a bore scope, I'm curious what I may see in my barrels. I see there are different Teslong models from 20 cal and up. Which models are you guys using that works for you?

Any reviews or recommendations on different brands are welcome.

I have had a Teslong for a few years.
If I were looking now I'd buy the newest model that fit my needs. Mine plugs into a USB port on my computer; getting one that connected to an ipad via Bluetooth would be nice if I didn't have a computer on my reloading bench.

I ordered the teslong USB model when I was having issues with a used Tikka. At first I was quite unimpressed with the video quality, but after reading some reviews on how good the image was, I returned it and got a replacement. The replacement was much better and I really like the scope. Turns out the Tikka had a carbon ring. If I used it more I'd opt for a WIFI version or get a dedicated viewer for it, but it works fine with my laptop. I don'tknow how it would hold up to more frequent use, but for the hobyist it's a really good buy. also handy for inspecting inside your reloading dies and inside of cartridge cases when you suspect incipient failure.

I bought the flexible wifi. That way I can take it with me to gun shows and use it on my iphone. I don't see my model on their website now.

I got mine from Amazon and the kit came with 3 90* mirrors, and yes they are essentail.
Mine came with three as wel but they are all the .2 size so I bought a set of four, one for 5.56, one for 7.62, one for 9mm and one for 12.7 mm. I can cover all claiber real clear pictures. Big difference using the 9mm in the 375 H&H than using the 5 mm.

Mine came with three as wel but they are all the .2 size so I bought a set of four, one for 5.56, one for 7.62, one for 9mm and one for 12.7 mm. I can cover all claiber real clear pictures. Big difference using the 9mm in the 375 H&H than using the 5 mm.
Hmm…maybe mines an oddball but it came with 22, 9 and 7.62. I think it’s about 3 years ago I got it…It’s not the original one I bought from Amazon, it’s the replacement they sent to replace the 1st from Amazon with bad focus. Can’t remember what the original came with.

Hmm…maybe mines an oddball but it came with 22, 9 and 7.62. I think it’s about 3 years ago I got it…It’s not the original one I bought from Amazon, it’s the replacement they sent to replace the 1st from Amazon with bad focus. Can’t remember what the original came with.
I think they started packaging it like yours a few months after I bought mine.

It's rather amazing how vivid the detail is when you plug the Tesla into a 17" screen laptop. I opted for the 26" rigid probe and the accessory set of mirrors. It works well for me.

If any of you have the Teslong WiFi and can not get it to run on windows PC, If you get the Q2U cable you will be able to. I just had them ship me one today and it works great.

Ano another note, can someone tell me what I am looking at in these pictures from an old .556 Nato, 24" barrel.

Attachments

• WIN_20220616_17_10_00_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20220616_17_10_00_Pro.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 5
  • WIN_20220616_17_10_14_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20220616_17_10_14_Pro.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 5
Back