150 gr bullets from Shooters Pro SHop

magothy1

Beginner
Mar 3, 2012
I thought I had ordered some 150 Partitions, what I got are 150 gr with what looks like a black ballistic tip, and the bullets are boat tailed. Tag on the bag reads FTIP 30/ 151 SP, next line is Factory Seconds, next line is ET 8684/BAND

They shoot well in the Savage 99 with 3031, running 2770 - 2790 fps. I just looked on the Shooters Pro site and didn't see anything like these, or I missed it.

Thinking you got some etips that wound up one grain over what they were supposed to be.... probably the black tip was a special order by some manufacturer that was going to use the bullet.

kraky1":1avf5vo6 said:
Thinking you got some etips that wound up one grain over what they were supposed to be.... probably the black tip was a special order by some manufacturer that was going to use the bullet.

That's my thought, based on the "ET" but... Who knows? If they shoot well... GREAT! (y)

Guy

kraky1":2vt8dnf3 said:
I think Kraky1 is correct. I ordered some .277 ETips and the bag was labeled "F-Tip 270/ 131g Sp Factory Seconds", so I emailed SPS. They said they were ETips for Federal factory ammo, therefore the F. I asked if they were exactly the same as ETips and they said to contact Nosler. I emailed Nosler and they said, "Yes you can use the same load data, and the same BC for these projectiles."

So you probably have ETips, but i would email SPS if you ordered Partitions.

Thanks for that. The FTIP thing threw me. They're longer than usual, like E-tips are. I had to weigh a couple to be sure they were 151 gr. I must have seen that they were cheap and ordered a bag.

magothy1":1oo9mgm1 said:
Thanks for that. The FTIP thing threw me. They're longer than usual, like E-tips are. I had to weigh a couple to be sure they were 151 gr. I must have seen that they were cheap and ordered a bag.

Ha, you aren't the first who has succumbed to cheap SPS bullets that triggered a buy..

a local used car lot motto was ; price sells , so come and get em .

I've fell victim too .

Back