150 Swift Sciricco

jmad_81

Handloader
Feb 14, 2007
SU1BRzAxNzEuanBn.jpg

Shot these out of a 7 STW into some square gopher bait buckets (5 gal.) filled with wet news paper. One weighs 136, and the other weighs 137. Both of them seem to have mushroomed bigger than even the 260 AB out of the 375 R! They don't get talked about much, but they are a great bullet.

Great write up Jake. Those Scirrocos are pretty awesome and really look like something I would try in the 264. Scotty

They are impressive for sure. My brother has one somewhere that he shot is first elk with. It was out of the STW as well, and looked just like these two after going through a shoulder.

The Scirocco has always served me well. I have appreciated them on occasion when I could get nothing else to shoot well save for Sciroccos.

jmad_81":3s0pbj1e said:
They are impressive for sure. My brother has one somewhere that he shot is first elk with. It was out of the STW as well, and looked just like these two after going through a shoulder.

Nice! They are some serious bullets for sure. They are sleek too. They have an incredible BC too, which can't hurt much! Scotty

picked this one, in this deer last season, impact velocity approx. 2500 fps
retained weight 142.8 gr. (95%)
frontal diameter average .565" (2x expansion)
bullet entered at a hard angle in the right ham and was found in the skin on the far side it passed between rib number 6 and 7 from the back
i also have 4 or 5 i picked up in the dirt bank behind the 100 yard target, that look like jmad81 picture. they weight between 114 and 127 gr.
i also picked up 2- 200 gr AccuBond in the same dirt bank they weight about the same as the 150 scirocco. so it looks the scirocco keeps more weight. but nothing bad to say about the AccuBond they are perfectly mushroomed :wink: and i shot one of these 200 grainers thru the shoulders of a black bear but for some reason the bullet couldn't be retreived :mrgreen:

003gua.jpg

002wvk.jpg

caribouhunter

That is a nice recovery of a perfectly expanded bullet. Nice buck too.

JD338

Great buck and excellent grab with that bullet! It looks pretty danged good to me. I am starting to like those Swifts a bunch. I might have to give them a try in something to see what they are all about. Scotty

are you guys getting good accuracy with the swifts ? I've read they are temperamental . Jim

jimbires":30853lur said:
are you guys getting good accuracy with the swifts ? I've read they are temperamental . Jim

The Sciroccos in my 264 WSM like a lang jump into the lands...30 thousandths. they do shoot very well once you find the node they like. I have only shot A-frames in my 7mm-08, but they will shoot under moa in that rifle.

[Sciroccos] do shoot very well once you find the node they like.

Joel is spot on in this assessment. They can be finicky, but they can also shoot very well. I have had a few rifles that simply wouldn't digest anything, until I tried a Scirocco. I shoot a fair number of A-Frames, and they have always performed well for me. The 220 grain A-Frame is scary accurate in my 325 WSM. However, I choose to shoot 200 grain PTs most of the time as they are just a "tiche" more accurate and the velocity is excellent.

Back