168 C.C.

russ808":3el0bnq3 said:
Shooters Pro Shop has 308/168 grain C.C.'s
Russ

I might try them in my 308 as my range load. Paired with the 165 AB for hunting, the CC should be an inexpensive bullet to shoot steel with..

I haven't shot any of the .30/168's as of yet, but I have been playing with the 6mm/105's. In my experience, I will say the CC's will run with any other Match bullet. Soon as I run out of these 105's I plan on giving the 107's in the 6mmAI a try, as they were not out yet when a bought a supply of the 105's.

SJB358":2q44l8ir said:
russ808":2q44l8ir said:
Shooters Pro Shop has 308/168 grain C.C.'s
Russ

I might try them in my 308 as my range load. Paired with the 165 AB for hunting, the CC should be an inexpensive bullet to shoot steel with..

...there's some 200gr. 8mm CC's over there, too, Scotty...

...just sayin'... :mrgreen:

Good timing as I was down to my last 20. Plenty on the way.
Russ

wildgene":nqe2vdy9 said:
...there's some 200gr. 8mm CC's over there, too, Scotty...

...just sayin'... :mrgreen:

I know it! I am eyeballing them pretty hard. Dr Mike and you have sufficiently hooked me Gene. I have decided that it will probably be the next bolt gun I get. Unless something else comes along that is a classic that I have wanted, but I am pretty sold on the 325WSM. Mike has sent me alot of QL data for it, and to be honest, it is pretty impressive, not that you need me to tell you. I like it and it'll round out my WSM's... Mike even sent data for Woodleigh 250's at 2700 or so. Man, that would handle anything!

Not sure of the rifle just yet though. I know it will be a Winchester. Just not sure if I want an Extreme, Sporter or Classic. I may even start getting some dies, cases, and such. Never hurts to have it around. I am woefully short of scopes right now though, so it would be tough to have a new rifle and not be able to shoot it!

Hoo, boy, even I wish I was below the line for that. I haven't seen prices like that in a long time.

If you need/want them there was less then 20 bags left. WOW they had about 600 when they started.
Russ

Congrats Scotty!
I thought "Tops" were old and crusty! :lol: From what I know of you it's well deserved.
That 325 your considering sure is a sweet one - mine is a 6.5 lb speciman and the recoil is quite doable and shoots lights out. My best load was a 200NAB over 66gr IMR4350.
Scott

muleman":3hw280gh said:
Congrats Scotty!
I thought "Tops" were old and crusty! :lol: From what I know of you it's well deserved.
That 325 your considering sure is a sweet one - mine is a 6.5 lb speciman and the recoil is quite doable and shoots lights out. My best load was a 200NAB over 66gr IMR4350.
Scott

I am getting older, not sure about crusty yet though!

The 325WSM is in the head right now. I am in no real hurry to get one, but I think it'll round out the WSM's, which is pretty cool by me.

Mike has sent alot of great data and Gene has pushed some good stuff as well. Plus, I saw how well your 325 did in Africa, so I am thinking it deserves a shot.

Every safe needs a 325WSM, especially if the owner of the safe is a hunter.

DrMike":aw8popcr said:

...by the time he gets back, we'll have him so bruised & bloody he'll have to stop & buy a .325 on his way home... :twisted: :mrgreen: :shock:

Ah, yes, Gene. He'll rue the day he bought that first WSM, putting him on the path toward dissipation and profligacy. However, he'll be so grateful to those who have helped him see the true light of more calibres that he'll weep in the fullest expression of gratitude. :wink:

wildgene":1r1l0d6w said:
DrMike":1r1l0d6w said:

...by the time he gets back, we'll have him so bruised & bloody he'll have to stop & buy a .325 on his way home... :twisted: :mrgreen: :shock:

Why wait until the return with modern technology - sat. phone, email etc. I'm sure Scotty could wrangle the deal 8k miles away. After all; he is aiding and abetting our habits from there as well.

Scott

muleman":7w1ma8aa said:
wildgene":7w1ma8aa said:
DrMike":7w1ma8aa said:

Why wait until the return with modern technology - sat. phone, email etc. I'm sure Scotty could wrangle the deal 8k miles away. After all; he is aiding and abetting our habits from there as well.

Scott

Careful Scott, unless I get handrails installed on my back I can only have two people on it to once!

Mike and Gene are up there now, wait your turn! 8)

Scotty
I was thinking if we modified an old alice pack we could rig some extra grab handles and all go for the ride! :lol: Don't worry; we won't wear you out, just wear you down till you give in :twisted: . Then somebody else can put the damn thing on. I know I've worn it at times :lol: . Matter of fact, I bet that we'll all wear it from time to time. Karma is that way - especially when it runs over your dogma!

Scott

Back